earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoW, what a thread 2:cool:

Here's a few I borrowed off e-bay. Hope the owner's don't mind.
2lj2ir6.jpg

2urunmx.jpg

sxm8h0.jpg

etxzdu.jpg

Nice migrated-transverse rear-end on that one![dr

Most of the examples are fantastic, however I could never own many of them for two reasons:
1. I have sort of gotten used to seeing where I am going.:rolleyes:
2. I have this big ugly thing between my shoulders, that I call my head, that would definitely get in the way!:D

Seriously, how do you drive a car with negative headroom and zero ground clearance?:confused:

ivan

to answer your ?? ivan,,the low roof, no clearance rides are for looks only,or a neighborhood status symbol,, and what is also called a CLOWN CAR,,,,hey ,look at me I need attention cars,,,
we all like to look at clowns,,,,but would not want to dress like them.
but, extremist are the only thing keeping the car hobby alive right now,,,so I say bring on the clowns.......

to answer your ?? ivan,,the low roof, no clearance rides are for looks only,or a neighborhood status symbol,, and what is also called a CLOWN CAR,,,,hey ,look at me I need attention cars,,,
we all like to look at clowns,,,,but would not want to dress like them.
but, extremist are the only thing keeping the car hobby alive right now,,,so I say bring on the clowns.......

Lots of builds on this site would fall into this "category" you described so perhaps keep the derogatory comments to yourself, this is an inviting place

What the extremist will do for the hot / rat rodding community is 1: bring attention to us and 2: it sparks the interest of builders. Some say "how did they do that?" or "I wouldn't do that BUT I like the way this line looks or how they ran that..." and little nuances will find there way into the main stream. While safety is paramount in building our cars you can't say any of us don't give up a little comfort to have the "look" or "sound" or "feel" of the hot rod we like. If we didn't then this board would be the "Cameryrodsrule" board and we'd be bragging about our heated seats and blue tooth. Lol

I would never tell another person how or what to build, but it strikes me as odd, that in a culture like hot rods and rat rods that was started by individualism and creativity, that so many seem to just follow what the last guy did, by dropping and chopping. Afraid of being too different.

Occasionally it would be refreshing to see a rod that has a different stance and that can be actually driven safely.;)

The second pic doesn't show up, but I'm guessing it was of a gasser stance gray coupe taken at this years TorqueFest. Am I right?

What the extremist will do for the hot / rat rodding community is 1: bring attention to us and 2: it sparks the interest of builders. Some say "how did they do that?" or "I wouldn't do that BUT I like the way this line looks or how they ran that..." and little nuances will find there way into the main stream. While safety is paramount in building our cars you can't say any of us don't give up a little comfort to have the "look" or "sound" or "feel" of the hot rod we like. If we didn't then this board would be the "Cameryrodsrule" board and we'd be bragging about our heated seats and blue tooth. Lol

Well, that element is a large one. I call them a Lexus shaped like a 32 Ford. Nothing but the best of everything a gold card can buy, beautifully executed and boring as he**

IMO

I would never tell another person how or what to build, but it strikes me as odd, that in a culture like hot rods and rat rods that was started by individualism and creativity, that so many seem to just follow what the last guy did, by dropping and chopping. Afraid of being too different.

Occasionally it would be refreshing to see a rod that has a different stance and that can be actually driven safely.;)

It depends on what you drop and chop [S

Latest posts

Back