How we pay for things around here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
My 59 pickemup needs a different grill, well a better one. So I go look at a 59 and a 60. He won't split them up. Both long bed F100. 60 is a complete 6 banger truck with title and was driven to where it sits. 59 has a nice chrome grill , the only part I really want. It's pretty stripped out, no drivetrain and most of the trim pieces, door handles ect. missing. Doors good, fenders good and still has the custom cab horn ring (hard to find a good one, $150 on ebay)/ It does have good doors and fenders, floors, cab corners, lots of good parts. He wants $950 for the pair. I'm not the first person to look at them. I'm going to sweat him a week or two and offer $700. I figure the 60 will fetch a grand and I have a nice chrome grill and a 59 parts truck.

I have done it a lot of times. I wanted better front sheetmetal for my 40 panel, found a 40 farm truck and a beat to hell 47 COE wrecker, paid a grand for both and sold the 47 for $1800.

I've lost out waiting like that. Someone else come along with cash before I got back and buy it out from under me. I figure if I want something, somebody else will too, so I better get it while I can.

I watch for deals, and pounce on them. The Monte Carlo I picked up for the engine/trans for my 39 made me a bunch of money parting it out. More than covered the cost of the chassis, and a few pretty pieces.

I've lost out waiting like that. Someone else come along with cash before I got back and buy it out from under me. I figure if I want something, somebody else will too, so I better get it while I can.

These are tucked in behind a guys house in the trees, can't see them from the road. I just happened to hear bout them and went and sniffed 'em out, not advertised anywhere. And I forgot to mention, the 60 is a 4x4. It was over 2 months since I heard about them, pretty sure they'll wait a few more days.

If it were a steal of a deal you would have bought it that day...If you waited to get a better price and someone else bought it then they paid too much. I never sweat "losing" a deal anymore.[P

Latest posts

Back