unimog?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i am seriously considering getting a unimog 404 as a 4x4 vehicle
for one thing i could use it as a tractor (it's primary reason for being invented)
for two it is a wonderful rig for getting in AND out of tough to get places
for three they are just so cotton-pickin cool!
any of you folks got one?

Attachments

• 1965_Mercedes_Benz_Unimog_404_For_Sale_Front_Three_Quarter_View_resize.jpg
    1965_Mercedes_Benz_Unimog_404_For_Sale_Front_Three_Quarter_View_resize.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 31
I have a German friend who collects them. If you have any specific questions or concerns lmk and I can ask him for you.

I have a German friend who collects them. If you have any specific questions or concerns lmk and I can ask him for you.

now that is useful!
looking online i see there are all sorts of attachments available for them.
i have been thinking a Small snow plow?
might be just the ticket for a personal driveway.

I have a Pinzgauer.

It is smaller than a Unimog and was not designed to be a tractor. It still is the funnest vehicle I have ever owned.

I buy parts at the same place the unimog folks buy their parts.

Timothy

Unimogs are badazz!

A friend of mine has a tree service business and use to have a Unimog as his co. truck. It was great until his business expanded, made it impractical to drive it long distances. He loved it, would go anywhere.

I have went wheeling with a few unimogs before, they would go anywhere I went with my Jeep, but would look so much cooler doing it. Rocks, mud didnt matter they were unstoppable. If I had a slight need for one, and had the space I'd consider it in a heart beat. But they arent great highway vehicles to say the least.

Latest posts

Back