Lookie what I found...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbj188

I know this isn't the place for these kind of cars but...I just thought I would share what was in a "barn" close to my in-laws house..

Thomas[;)

Attachments

• AH1.jpg
    AH1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 76
  • AH2.jpg
    AH2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 64
  • AH3.jpg
    AH3.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 70
  • AH4.jpg
    AH4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 61
  • AH5.jpg
    AH5.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 59
I absolutely love Austin Healey MKIII's [dr[dr[dr[dr
It's a crying shame they're letting it go like that :(
If it's for sale pounce on it [cl
If it is and you don't I will gladly [P [P [P

The story goes that the lady that owns the barn let her friend put it there atleast 20 years ago. She wont give me the name of the person that owns it. I believe the man that owned it has passed. Im going to do some research and see if I cant find the family and atleast tell them about it and hopefully can strike a deal with them....If its too much money for me I will happily pass it to any of you guys. Believe it or not there was a barn around it at one time but has fallen around it..if it snows down here alot the car might get flattened..

Thomas [;)

I could care less about it having a big block. I just think it needs a new home. If you think it could get flattened from snow this year maybe a good idea would be to drag it out from inside that half a barn. Put it up on blocks, clean out the crap, pull a tarp over it. Maybe if the owner finds out there is some love for it they may let it go??

Having a hard time getting in touch with the owner....so far the barn has stood for now.... The person that has the land/barn is hard to deal with... Not giving me anything and actually not wanting to talk at all....Anyone know of any other ways of getting the owners information...I have the tag number and date...I dont have the VIN yet but Im going to try to sneak up there next time Im around....Any kind of ideas or info please let me know...

Thomas [;)

Try checking with your local lawman, if you have any friends in the buss. it helps. it might not be in the file, here in calif. they purge about every 20 years but it's a starting point. If you get the VIN it might help. also if you have any private vehicle reg. business I've had good look tracking down owners that way.
Good luck it's a great car, a kid in high school had one with small block, shellby sorta, ran like heck.

Try this method......

Show up at the house.
Knock on the door.

Next it gets tricky........
say "I want that car, I have cash"

Then......
Present wad so he knows you aren't joking.

See if that gets you anywhere.....

I hate people sometimes. The way that woman is acting is just nuts. What good is it doing just sitting there rotting into the ground ? And why won't she at least give you the courtesy of calling someone who might know or give you the owners name ?

Stuff like this happens all the time and all you are trying to do is give someone some money for something that they obviously have no interest in. So what will happen is that she will die and some scrapper will haul it off and it will end up becoming a washing machine. Really ticks me off, people like that. :mad:

Don

Latest posts

Back