almost robbed (or worse)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad all is well. I carry a Kel tec 9mm with a crimson trace laser also. You never know when you might need one now-a- days. We also have open carry, but I prefer to conceal just to not beg for possible "tough guy' troubles. CCW has given my wife peace of mind for the last 10 years.

A weapon for self defense and defending family is a necessity in this country now. Way to many crazy people that will rob you , or worse, for little more than pocket change.

I may leave my wallet or phone at home but I won't be without fire power of some kind when I leave the gate.

Glad everything worked out, watch your self and your surroundings.

Stay safe!

I am looking into a 410/.45lc derringer.
And have given the choice of weapon much thought.
I am a firm believer in BIG holes.
I would rather have a one powerful round in a bad guy than pepper him with smaller rounds.
And considering how skinny I am.
My choices for CC are limited.
I won't carry a gun that I have not fired so much that it is like an extension of my hand.
That is how I got with my trusty.357

410/45 Long Colt

Good choice. I like my "Snake Charmer" cause it fits in my front pocket
and is really close and quickly in my hand.
Also have interchangeable barrels in .38 0r 45 acp.
The 45 acp is a handful for such a small weapon and loud as hell.

Oh yeah...

I have a full-size Judge. Big gun...Big noise. I keep it loaded with #4. I have a little Parkinsons Disease. I can hit em if they are runnin' OR standin' still! And nothin' scares a guy like a man holding a gun in a shakey hand. LOL

Real glad you survived that encounter Billy.

Lynn

i have been beaten and robbed twice in my life
the second time they broke my cheekbone ,nose and left arm.
never again.

I've been close i think to being robbed. can't remember any one case in particular jus recall a quite a few times I heard by alarm bells go off.
There might be somethign wrong with me but if a hoodlum got close enough I'm afraid I might go Rorschach.
I'd be more worried if I was too old to break stuff.
It could be my beady eyes and strange grin that makes em reconsider. I might be a little fat but I'm also 5'11 and 300# but I was one of the smallest guys at school and I really really really don't like being a victim
someone going out of their way to look hard or running their mouth is a sign of weakness/insecurity.
Sgt pontiac would know what I'm talking about regarding first glances and reading a character, predators eyes and all that.

Last edited:
Concealed Carry

Billy,

This is the guy we use. Our kind of people and very accommodating.

Attachments

• IMG_1191 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1191 (1000x667).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 12
That Derringer 410/45 is great for a concealed weapon. Very simple, I don't imagine there are to many things to fail on that weapon. I have a thing for shotgun rounds.

Below is a copy of a Letter to Editor I wrote that was published in the Washington Times [ D.C ] in 2009 in response to a proposed gun control bill.
This has nothing to do maybe with this thread but I believe it is something to think about when we all talk about the 2nd amendment . My apologies to anyone who may be offended by it's content but please remember ......
Haynes vs. United States and what a liberal Supreme Court means to this gun thread ...

Oldog

""""Editor ,

Lost in all the hype in the gun debate is what logical minds do when all others bloviate , that is think out all angles to the present problem .

Lets say for the sake of argument the liberal utopia of a gun free America becomes law , It most certainly will have some requirement of gun registrations as part of the law .The liberals can not help themselves but too require it

So what you ask ? Haynes vs. United States is what . In Haynes vs. United States ,{ 390 U.S. 85 [1968] } the Supreme Court ruled 7 to 1 [ Marshall did not participate in the ruling ] that requiring convicted felons to register their illegal guns would force them to incriminate themselves , which is prohibited by the Fifth Amendment .

Since this is obviously the controlling precedent it would mean that only law-abiding people could be convicted for violating the new law .

Haynes was not some technical loophole , it upheld another constitutional foundation we have under our constitutional republic form of government ., and is still the law of the land .

The liberals would not create a law that only protected criminals and expect it to reduce crime would they ? I must point out that most major crime and all the mass shootings of late , happened in gun free zones . """

And have given the choice of weapon much thought.
I am a firm believer in BIG holes.
I would rather have a one powerful round in a bad guy than pepper him with smaller rounds...

billy glad you safe are here talking about it.

I'm a big bore fan, .44 for 4 legged threats, .45 for 2 legged threats. That said, I shot a Bond Arms 410 & 45LC Derringer once…..and once was enough for me. It just ain't no fun, no how, no way.

I have a S & W 325 nightgaurd .45acp with moon clips, I had my Smitty bob the hammer spur, lightened the pull up a bit, I put an Osage Orange wood grip on it. I've got big paws the thicker grip feels better.

In the woods I carry an Ruger Alaskan .44 mag. both are about the same size. The Ruger being heavier is actually a much sweeter gun to shoot. Of course over penetration is just ridiculous with the .44.

While not the easiest handguns to hide they are not all that bigger than my Kimber Pro carry was.

Latest posts

Back