My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
currently dont have all the guts and everything installed but this should give you a general idea, its alot of work but a pretty cool feature i think. sorry for the large pictures but at least you can see the detail in what involed.

General Photo of the whole setup
DSC02655.jpg

Left Channel is fixed into place.
DSC02660.jpg

Right one is removable, but not into place right now.
DSC02661.jpg

Catch Tray for water plus drain
DSC02656.jpg
DSC02662.jpg

Inside work that needs to be done to make a channel
DSC02657.jpg

Oh yeah it wouldnt be fun to show you the pictures without a picture of the whole truck. This Guy has some serious money.
DSC02664.jpg

Havent been down to work on this in a while but have recently found myself a few more parts.

First couldn't resist, a military three lever light switch. Scooped this up off Ebay thought it would be kind of neat to throw in.

LightSwitch.jpg

The next, I am not sure what it is maybe you guys can help. My Grandpa gave it to me and said it is from an old Chevy. I thought I could find a nice place for it on the dash somewhere or something

dashornament.jpg

In any case I recently picked up a new $hit hauler trailer to fit the rat on, so it is on its way hopefully next week to get the suspension redone, will post picks when it is finished.

Out for some sun

Rolled it out of the barn for some sun the other day. Not looking to bad I don't think

032611.jpg

Also had to load it on the trailer to get it ready to go get the suspension rebuilt the right way. Got it on there but what an eye opening experience that was!!!! I am thinking it is going to stay on the trailer for a while. Not only did it take a winch to get it on there, but am pretty sure it will take one to get it off too!!!

2011-03-30_14-04-07_972.jpg

I used to haul a really low tubbed 67 Camaro on a trailer about like that..I found if I put the back wheels of my truck up on a set of ramps,it cut down that ramp angle and sure made life easier..

Trucks lookin great!!

Kind of hard to get those doors open with those trailor sides ain't it!!!! ha ha ha If it were a race car, I would put a FAT door in it!!! ha ha My next car is going to be a gasser so my doors will go right over the rails. BTW The truck looks great!!![P

Well, its been a while but I think I am finally getting back in the swing of it. I pulled the bed off it the other day, I think it will look better if it isn't so deep. Right now it just kind of looks off. Mounted the headlights, put on the hood supports, played with some paint, and just generally farted around.

Here is where I am now.

Hoodstruts1.jpg

bugeyes2C.jpg

Hopefully I have done on the bed this weekend what I want to do and will put it back on next week to see what I think.....

Oh and I got my air bags in on Tuesday. Need to get all the tubing and valves but thats no biggy. Going to get more steel to rebuild the front frame, maybe some of the back frame.... The whole thing is supposed to maybe get to the suspension shop this month (once the bags are on) to have the links redone and have the ends replaced with hiem joints so it can flex.....

Last edited:
Decided the bed went too deep. Brought it back and did a couple things to it and set it back on the back. It still needs leveled and I want to put it on lower than it is from the side it does not look right. What do you guys think?

2011-07-20_19-43-05_916.jpg

My lettering still needs some work. The second "D" doesn't quite look right.

2011-07-15_20-29-13_292.jpg

Was bored the other day..... had some rod......... and well.........

Been working on it quite a bit lately. Cut the rear Z off, didn't like how it was done. Built new frame back there, sorry no pics yet. been doing some major work to the front. Started redoing the frame in the front as well. Still need to fix the ends of the links, but I think I am getting closer to something streetable.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg164/RumbleWagon/Old%20and%20Busted/?action=view&current=2011-08-17_17-05-31_165.mp4

The bars sticking out through the grill are soon to be the bumper, Going to round the ends and run a piece of tube between them, was going to angle them down a little bit, but as you can see, there is no room to do that.

Haven't checked in on this for awhile. Looks great! I agree about the D needs work. Lights and visor look real good. Bed looks better lower too. Undecided about the slant on the headlight covers though... I can't watch video on this PC, so that's all I can say.

Thanks Sam. I am pretty happy with the way things are going on it so far.

I am also on the fence on the light covers with the slant. Nothing about those lights is set in stone though. The whole retainer ring assembly is kind of crap, but I didnt have anything to use so I started to make something. I only have about $30 in both lights, so if I don't use them then no harm no foul. I was thinking about trying to get creative with them and see what I come up with, but never have.

Since I missed my deadline on when I wanted it done (knew I wouldnt make it, it was this weekend) I have added another year to the time frame so plenty of time to play with it and see what I come up with.

Any idea where I can get some speed limit signs? ......... legally............

Not sure. I will have to check into that, it is one of those things that I want to find for once the project is almost done but know it will take me a while to track some down.

Latest posts

Back