Old Wing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the outter shell of the tank on and the seat, tacked on some brackets to hold the shocks in place and pushed it out for a look.
2012-05-29_20-18-42_790.jpg

My buddy across the street thinks I should call it the bull because it is so big in the front and small in the back. I am for sure going to need to get a different seat. That one is to narrow for the frame.

Thanks guys! I think it will be interesting to see what it turns out to be when its all done. Sarge, the truck is not coming so well. Haven't worked on it for a week or so. The front end bag setup is not right, don't know what I can do different. I like the straight axle my buddy put on it, but don't know what to do different to put the bags on. I don't want the bags to be seen which is where the problem lies It is getting pretty discouraging so I have kind of stepped away from it for a bit. I think I am going to look at it friday, then my parents want me to house sit for them in two weeks, they are going to a motorcycle rally and want me to watch their dogs and what not. I think I am going to put the Dodge on the trailer and drag it down. That would give me 3 solid non interrupted days to work on it and come up with something different.

Billetproof68.jpg

Sure do. That is called a cantilever suspension. I always thought they were cool, but, from what I have found out, they are hard as he!! to do properly. I tried to get info on them, even put a thread on the forum

Cantilever Suspension but couldn't find anyone to break it down on what goes in to designing one.

Got my new front caliper in for this over the weekend. Going to flush out the back brakes and bleed in the front hopefully have working brakes this week!

Welp, still no brakes.... Master cylinder won't push any fluid. Rebuild kit on the way, also ordered a new wider seat..... Was working on some tank shaping yesterday. Need to be able to access the radiator cap which is under the tank so decided to try and make that happen. Shaped the tank on the other side too, now need to shape the tunnel and make the bottom.

Still a lot of work to make the tank hold fluid.

Ohh and scored some pipes. MY neighbor came over and donated the old pipes from his sportster. I think they will look much nicer than the ones I got.

Last edited:
I think we've all been at that point at one time or another.

I'm sure it will work out fine and you'll never understand why you ever doubted why you did it.....and if you did another, it would look different anyway cause you already did one like that...LOL...[cl

Cool project! This was my '78 'Wing. Not as radical as yours, by any means. Just stripped it down, changed some stuff, and rode it. It was a lot of fun, and ran really well after getting rid of all the weight! :D

Attachments

• mywing2light.jpg
    mywing2light.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 46
Yea sarge I am sure it will, and I am getting pretty good at welding this thin stuff now, just tired of working on this one piece. It is so slow going.

Animal looks like you have a nice bike there. I am getting ready to pull the motor from this one so I can clean it up and freshin it a bit. I hope when it is all done that it rides as good as I want it to.

Finally decided it was time to get back at this. Almost done welding up the tank. Thank god for that I am getting tired of working on this one stupid part. Made mounts for the rear fender, installed a headlight (front actually looks like a real bike now), and got a new bigger seat (looks and feels much better). I hope to have the tank sealed up by the end of the weekend. We will see. Once that is done, I want to mount up the battery and start on getting the electrical cleaned up. New goal is to be riding it next summer.

Hey Neverdone...

You said this
"People need to starting basing value of things for what it really is..... 13 cents a pound
"Driving a rat is sorta like dropping your pants in public. You never know how people will react!" - Some Old Guy
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic."

And I saw this and had to rub my eyes and back up a page lol
"Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Hey Neverdone...

You said this
"People need to starting basing value of things for what it really is..... 13 cents a pound
"Driving a rat is sorta like dropping your pants in public. You never know how people will react!" - Some Old Guy
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic."

And I saw this and had to rub my eyes and back up a page lol
"Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

I guess I don't follow your meaning.......... [S

Latest posts

Back