1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job,looks good.

Thanks Country Misfit.

Not a lot of progress this week, got the box sorted out height wise and an angle welded around the inside for the floor, it's now sitting on the frame instead of the axle.
Off to the lake to close up camp for the winter and bring the boat home so no progress this weekend. Other than bringing home a bunch of parts, she should be a roller on Monday afternoon.:cool:

Looks pretty good to me... My only thought would be that the bed needs to be narrowed a bit so that the bed isn't wider than the cab as you see from the back shot... Then you will have more room for bigger tires!!

Just my $.02

Keep up the good work

looks sweet. id have to agree on the bed width and the ford logo. it would be worth the work to cut a few inches out of that thing.

^^ Ditto^^ The outside of the bed rails should be even with the outside of the cab. Message Cornfield on here and see if he would knock you out some Essex script to weld into the tailgate...I still love it...[P

^^ Ditto^^ The outside of the bed rails should be even with the outside of the cab. Message Cornfield on here and see if he would knock you out some Essex script to weld into the tailgate...I still love it...[P

A bit of a visor? With or without, it's a cool truck.

[cl
All the above [P
:cool:

what they said on the bed and just minor nitpicky stuff, front axle is a little wide and the stance a tad off, down another inch or so in the front. Still nice work.

Thanks for all the great feed back. I agree on the bed once you guys mentioned it. I can narrow it up about two inches with out running into the trailing arms.
The Ford logo definatly has to go, I kinda have a plan for that.

A visor is in the works, I think it is a must have.

In hindsight I should have narrowed the front of the frame about 2 inches, but that is learning for the next one. I'm a little worried about going much lower due to the horrible roads we have in my neck of the woods:eek:

Truck is looking great Glen! I wish I could fit in one of these small'ish truck cabs!

+2 on adding an Essex logo to replace the Ford logo on the tailgate and taking a couple inches out of the width. Glad to see you here. Subscribed for the ride.

Truck is looking great Glen! I wish I could fit in one of these small'ish truck cabs!

+2 on adding an Essex logo to replace the Ford logo on the tailgate and taking a couple inches out of the width. Glad to see you here. Subscribed for the ride.

Thanks Chris

Working on narrowing the box, I can go 3 inches with out an issue. It is turning out to be harder than I expected, the lower cross member under the tail gate was really beat up and had lots of scabby welds, so I have to replace it as well.[;)

Latest posts

Back