1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plugging away at it. Working on rear suspension. The rear links are cut to length and the inside of the tubes are bored to fit the inserts. The ends of tubes are also cut also cut on an angle so I can weld them to the inserts. The motor mounts are all welded and cleaned up. Next is rear coil over mounts and a Panhard bar setup. [;)

Attachments

• DSC01398.JPG
    DSC01398.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01397.JPG
    DSC01397.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01396.JPG
    DSC01396.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01395.JPG
    DSC01395.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01394.JPG
    DSC01394.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01393.JPG
    DSC01393.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 32
Thanks guys. I figured I would keep going until I run out of the parts I have on hand. This way they will be all attached in one place. If I have to sell because of the divorce it will be easier to move. [;)[;)

Keep on tinkering.
I have fallen under Torchie's wisdom, again, and you might too. He says to focus on the 'build' and let the finished truck be a lesser dream.
I always wondered why I was different than most of the builders in the magazines; it's because they build their hotrods to drive them or show them, whereas, I build mine to be building something.
Keep on building, Kenny.

This is why this is the greatest group of people and friends I haven't had the pleasure of meeting in person yet. The support is the best. I am working on this as a way to keep my mind on something constructive and positive. while I'm working on it it takes my mind off the bull crap that is going on. Today I took a vacation day and messed around with making more stuff for the rear suspension. Today it was parts for the panhard bar. hoping to finish that tomorrow. After that the plan is to move on to the coil over mounts on the axle and cross member. Thanks for checking up on me.:):[;)

Keep on tinkering.
I have fallen under Torchie's wisdom, again, and you might too. He says to focus on the 'build' and let the finished truck be a lesser dream.
I always wondered why I was different than most of the builders in the magazines; it's because they build their hotrods to drive them or show them, whereas, I build mine to be building something.
Keep on building, Kenny.

Mac; I build for the same reason. I like and need to have something to do. Even without the divorce I would be happy to be working on this.

Have to agree with all that has been said. [cl
When I thinks one project is complete enough it's time to move on to the next one, what ever that may be[S With luck the old will pay for most of the new :eek:

Add me to the list of "need to have a project" folks. Even when my motivation is down, I know its out there. I'm currently in the sell one start two phase. :eek:

Just read your whole build thread Kenny, very nice, you do great fab work. Don't let the divorce get to you, I went through a bad one and about went crazy, it all finally worked out and I got back with my high school sweet heart and ended up marrying her. 17 years and we've never had a fight, NOTHING like my first marriage!

Thanks guys. I'm working on it to get my mind straight. The most recent work was two steps forward one step back. While trying to set up the rear suspension I decided that I wanted to change my original plan. I moved the shocks out board of the horizontal rails of the rear frame. in doing so I found I could lower the rails three and a half inches. This is going to give me that much more depth in the bed. I went through a stack of cutting wheels cutting the kick up so that I can lower it. It is in it's new position but not welded yet. I ran out of steam. I'll try to get pictures soon.[;)[;)

Latest posts

Back