Body Buying

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Another newb question from bones [cl Im looking for a body to start a project with [;) and i have a question about buying. When looking for a cab should i worry if it has a title or not? Basicly should i not buy a certain cab because it doesent have a title :confused: or should i just get the vin and have the number's checked before i buy? Idk if this should be a titles question or a body question sorry just anxious to start [;)

Hello, where is Seligman ?? Az?? here in NM u can go either way if you have a vin # you still need to get a vin inspection and a bond title if you don't have a title OR you can build your own frame and you can just title it as a 2013 home built car. Right now they are taking appointments for August that's how far behind they are on vin inspections.. It really depends on your state .......

MO

Seligman is in Missouri and its hard to find a cab with a title here. I dont want to buy a cab and start working on it only to find out its stolen or something. I am doing a custom frame when i build it [;)

Really need to talk to someone at the DMV / SOS or

whatever they call it in MO..... they should be able to provide you with do's and don'ts and what you can and can't do.....or talk to the local or state motor vehicle inspector....the officer that does vin inspections for built vehicles....he or she should be able to help you out...if not, I think someone here just got their title done and it was from MO....search for title and see what comes up.....I think it was BobW....if that helps....

Just ask your DMV they will tell you everything to do and don't do ..[S there's a way around everything... I don't want to register mine as a 2013 home built but ? that piece of paper is not what turns heads.

I heard....

I heard if u title it as a homebuilt title you have to go through emission's stuff...i dont see how because rat rods arent exactly the new hybrid :D I heard it from some where i dont know where so no quoting me :eek:

Really need to talk to someone at the DMV or the

I heard if u title it as a homebuilt title you have to go through emission's stuff...i dont see how because rat rods arent exactly the new hybrid :D I heard it from some where i dont know where so no quoting me :eek:

Inspector to find out the details.....they should have all that you need to get thru this......good luck...

Is that about what it costs overall to get one there?

Time and effort ......just curious how you got that figure? You know me....curious Sarge......lol...:D

Where I live we have two coal power plants, so there are no emission laws on our cars up here in this area. But they do have to have the seat belts, turn signals, front glass, mirrors, marker lights, e brake pretty much all the safety equipment and a home built frame. Utah it's easy take an old beater to a licensed inspector at a local gas station he fills out some paper, you go to the DMV and you have a title for that year of vehicle with no bond just a clean title.

Where I live we have two coal power plants, so there are not emission laws on our cars up here in this area. But they do have to have the seat belts, turn signals, front glass, mirrors, marker lights, e brake pretty much all the safety equipment and a home built frame. Utah it's easy take an old beater to a licensed inspector at a local gas station he fills out some paper, you go to the DMV and you have a title for that year of vehicle with no bond just a clean title.

It needs to be that easy everywhere. Alot of people get discouraged about building rods in general because of titling and all the laws they have now...but for me...its makes me want to build one worse. Theres not alot of rat rods where i live and i want to change that ;)

There is a couple ways of getting a title in Missouri.
You can fill out an abandoned vehicle form at the Highway Patrol office.
This meaning the vehicle was abandoned on your property. They will run a vin check to see if it's stolen or not, they will then issue an application for title for you to take to the DMV.
It's always better to get a title from the person you buy the vehicle or body from.

Latest posts

Back