1965 Dodge A108

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falconvan

Yet another fabulous old heap showed up on my doorstep. Plans are pretty minimal for this one; leave it stock, get it mechanically right, and drive it while I do some bodywork on it. Maybe use it for next year's Power Tour cruiser. Just your basic old school slant six/three on the tree.

Attachments

• 1965 dodge.jpg
    1965 dodge.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 1965 dodge 1.jpg
    1965 dodge 1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1965 dodge 4.jpg
    1965 dodge 4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 48
Looks like the one our TV repairman had back in the day.

And for you youngins, yes, there were actually people who worked on TV's back then instead of throwing them out and buying a new one. Replace a tube or two, adjust the gizmo a bit, good as new! A lost art, nowadays it's replace instead of fix.

Looks like the one our TV repairman had back in the day.

And for you youngins, yes, there were actually people who worked on TV's back then instead of throwing them out and buying a new one. Replace a tube or two, adjust the gizmo a bit, good as new! A lost art, nowadays it's replace instead of fix.

Yep, there’s a second hand clothing store in my town that still has the sign out front that says “Tom’s TV and Radio Repair. We use genuine Zenith tubes.”

Really cool van, brings back some fond memories for me as well. Back in the early 80's we picked up one of them that a previous owner had tried to convert into a motorhome. It worked great as the resupply van for our paintball field.:D

Got the drivetrain pulled and getting ready to start on patching some bad spots in the floor.

Attachments

• EEDE6BD0-D152-4230-B33B-6F9F10AEFE97.jpg
    EEDE6BD0-D152-4230-B33B-6F9F10AEFE97.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 36
Thanks, Bob. I'll check that out. This one is pretty much going to be a stocker. I pulled the old slant six apart and it's pretty beat so I found a low mileage 71 slant six that I'm going to pick up tomorrow. Other than that I'm just going to freshen up the rest of the mechanicals, fix the body, put in new wiring, and drive it like Dodge built it. Maybe a budget single stage urethane paintjob. Some old rides are cool just like they were made.

Lol! yeah, the plaid seats may have to go. They look cool but the stench of cat **** coming off of them is unreal.

One word.......Febrez. That stuff really works! Soak them down in the stuff, two or three times if you have to. Should get rid of the cat remains! :D

Latest posts

Back