1956 Chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tw7256

Here are a few photos of my 56 Chevy. I got it on the road last July and have been driving it around some.

56chebyman004-1.jpg

Right now I'm running a stock 350 Votec block with Vortec heads that have had screw in stud and bigger springs installed. The cam is a Thumper hyd. roller from Comp cams. It sounds mean but it's not. I built my own fender well headers and ran 3" exhaust out the cab corners. The tranny is a Muncie 4 speed and the rear end is a narrowed 9" with 3.50 gears and a mini spool.

56chebyman007.jpg

The chassis is a frankinstein of mid 70's gm truck with a 79 Olds front stub. It had that frame when I bought but the front was too wide hence the Olds stub. This thing drives great and will stop on a dime. still have some more work I want to do like building a better engine. I have a scat 9000 crank and some 6" h beam rods collected so far. They don't ever get done do they?

56chebyman006-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy I sure like tooling around in this.

nice lookin pick-'em-up ya got there.........and i don't know for sure, but i think "finished" is a relative term in hotrodding;):D

"They don't ever get done do they?".....Not if you're lucky!:D....A good lookin truck you've got there.[cl........CR

Latest posts

Back