Mail cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

Heres something different for ya. If anyone was wanting to do something different, they could always build one of these. Old mail cars and Stiltmobiles.

wmr044small.jpg

cmed.jpg

umed.jpg

me.jpg

mmed.jpg

ok, so that is going to be my project after the rat rod. i already go offroading with my f250. why not bring two loves together. dropped rat rod truck. then an offroading rat rod stiltmobile. yea, im down.

Wonder what they used to get the gearing down to where it needs to be for those big tyres? Can't imagine there were too many aftermarket ring and pinion sets around then LOL..
Possibly just used the whole tractor axle in the rear?

Wonder what they used to get the gearing down to where it needs to be for those big tyres? Can't imagine there were too many aftermarket ring and pinion sets around then LOL..
Possibly just used the whole tractor axle in the rear?

Probably a worm gear rear axle like the Trucks of that time used.

I NEED one of those!!

Good rice buggy...

PA41

lol I was telling the wife that the picture of the truck on the HUGE white wheels and low profile tires, the stiltmobile, was the first "DUBS". :D

haha i just told that to mine and her response was.. "thats where the word dubs came from"!! haha

Early day swamp buggies - I wonder just how well the axels ,spindles and rear end lasted with those tires and rims - It looks like on some of them, they just welded the stock rim into the bigger one.

For gearing, my guess is two transmissions. First/first would be plenty low. Lots of doodlebugs were built that way.

Latest posts

Back