earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Google time reveals the secret. It's a 1941 Seagrave. Dig the twin mags and dual plugs. Kinda begs for a small load of nitro. :D

Turn up the volume.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xg8Kc7Flc&feature=related

v12camera20temps20201.jpg

v12model20A20with20Seagrave20engine20008.jpg

I'll take 2 please............. [cl

The Seagrave V12 was the direct descendant of the Pierce Arrow V12. Pierce Arrow sold he patents and rights to produce it to Seagrave in the late 30's when they ceased auto production. Seagrave added the dual plug ignition and other tweaks to make it super reliable in fire trucks so it could run for days on end if needed on a fire site. Amazingly enough they were still produced until the late 60's.
Here's a 37 Pierce Arrow engine.

Attachments

• sept 19 09 radium 058 a.jpg
    sept 19 09 radium 058 a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 65
Didnt people call them Jalopys back then? That is what my dad told me his sectioned 35 Ford truck with a shortened bed on a 40 Ford frame was called. He got it in the late 50's and still has it today.
Tim

Love the trousers on Ofc. Samson!!

typical late 40's early 50's style....I think you could fit two legs into one of those....LOL

making doors for that would have been interesting... very cool pics.. thanks guys

It's real.

Well, not sure I'm convinced it's not doctored, but it's obviously not photoshopped. The big arrow is obvious, but the cops fingers are oddly placed. Might have been 'fixed' because the original sticker didn't show clearly in the photo.

That's a cool link GT! And thanks for the pics of the rat. [cl

Latest posts

Back