Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice  since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice since 2007! > Engine Q&A!

Engine Q&A! The spot for engine talk, Q&A & tall tales!

Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Ford 300 inline 6

I am collecting parts to build my 34 ford truck, I have the axles out of my 52 ford that I plan to use, going to use the front axle as a transverse axle. I was also given a Ford 300 and a 3 speed tranny. Has anyone used a inline six in a Model A style truck? If so do you have a build thread. Trying to figure out the engine versus cab placement.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Brother Rat

For starters, put the motor in front of the cab. What more do you are you looking for? Do a mock-up with the cab, motor, and wheels. Use 2x4's to mock up a frame if you don't have one yet.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

It's going to look disproportionaly long with the six so stacking everything together for a mockup would be a good start.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 AM
He's not done yet...

My Dodge has a 250 straight six, the front is about as short as can be but it is still 10" longer than stock. Have a look at my thread, maybe that will help...

My 41 Dodge
OldWing
YZ125 Barstool
The Lambretta LI125 "Original Ganster"
Bertha '54 Chevy 210
Home Away From Home "The Teardrop"
Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Extremely dangerous with a torch!!!

a custom intake multiple carbs and zoomies make a good space filler for the eyes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 AM
He's not done yet...

I am thinking of trying to put an eaton M90 supercharger on mine......

My 41 Dodge
OldWing
YZ125 Barstool
The Lambretta LI125 "Original Ganster"
Bertha '54 Chevy 210
Home Away From Home "The Teardrop"