Rat Rod of the Day!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
65386209_2363242360621373_6506705913900957696_n.jpg

Wow... love Things! I had a yellow one & an orange one! Love to have a V8 one... that would rock!!! [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Looks like the Kübel was an earlier military version of the Thing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_K%C3%BCbelwagen?wprov=sfla1

Yea it seems to be... They all look the same to me. Ugly as heck and no fun untill you throw in a Porsche flat 6 or like the orange rat with v8... :D
I live and grew up 10mls from the German border and there always were way too many air cooled VW`s around here... I cant see me like any of them any time soon, but that rat looks good.
I owned a 68 beetle many moons ago, bought it for under $25, and gave it away after 3 weeks. those were the days ... lol

Yea it seems to be... They all look the same to me. Ugly as heck and no fun untill you throw in a Porsche flat 6 or like the orange rat with v8... :D
I live and grew up 10mls from the German border and there always were way too many air cooled VW`s around here... I cant see me like any of them any time soon, but that rat looks good.
I owned a 68 beetle many moons ago, bought it for under $25, and gave it away after 3 weeks. those were the days ... lol

I don't care much for VW's, but the odd one looks cool (like the Thing above). Even still I would probably never own one. I didn't remember seeing the Kubelwagen until you mentioned it, for curiousity sake I pulled two images to see the differences. As I also read, the Thing was definitely inspired by the Kubel but there are a lot of differences to make it more consumer-friendly. Pretty neat to spot the differences.

volkswagen-thing-1971-4.jpg

ebay971679.jpg

different for sure!
"consumer friendly" hahaha just look at that thing lol. maybe thats what the name came from :D
could be worse... it could be a Citroën... this Mehari was all plastic...you know, just like your Corvette :D

I remember a friend of my dad used to have one. One day it was actually moved by the wind... a Jaguar parked next to it prevented from being blown away completely.... :rolleyes::D

Attachments

• flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg
    flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back