What Retired Boeing Sheet Metal Guys Do

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
Walt Austin, a retired sheet metal guy from Boeing, is best known for top alcohol racing but IS pretty handy as well.
Check out his hand-formed all-aluminum Willys Coupe! It's amazing what some people can do with an English rolling wheel, sheet metal brake, skill & lots of knowledge. No, he is not going to paint it - he loves the polished flames!
(Look closely)
This is Walt Austin's aluminum Willys coupe at Jim Hume's shop, south of Bellingham, Washington.

image001-8_zpse9c4a961.jpg

image002-6_zps055bcaca.jpg

image006-4_zps8148ce21.jpg

image007-4_zps692c2e11.jpg

The Willy's is wild....

the other one is not bad either.....if I had to chose....it would be the Willy's...they'd have to spend a crap ton of time with me in a metal shaping class to get one of those Willy's made by me......I don't care how talented the instructor might be... :D

the other one is not bad either.....if I had to chose....it would be the Willy's...they'd have to spend a crap ton of time with me in a metal shaping class to get one of those Willy's made by me......I don't care how talented the instructor might be... :D

If I tried to build one like that one it would probably look like a Pacer :eek:

Latest posts

Back