1959 impala

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

here's my 59 impala, it's a 283 2 bbl turboglide, radio delete car, 21,000 original miles, it still has the vinyl on the front seat, i did a mechanical rebuild on it, fuel system, brakes, cooling, all the seals and gaskets, the driveline is the untouched original, most of the front sheetmetal had to be replaced and the rear quarters were patched, i just got it on the road in August after sitting for 30 yrs, the plan is to drive it and enjoy it for a while, and attend some shows and cruises.

pics215.jpg

pics217.jpg

190.jpg

162.jpg

I know I already commented in your intro thread, but I really like this car. I also think that the factory color combo on it is perfect.

Seat covers!

I know I already commented in your intro thread, but I really like this car. I also think that the factory color combo on it is perfect.

No kiddin' & those plastic seat covers really bring back the memories too!!! At 1 time... they were the rage!

BoB

Seat covers!

No kiddin' & those plastic seat covers really bring back the memories too!!! At 1 time... they were the rage! Got any pictures under the hood?

BoB

No kiddin' & those plastic seat covers really bring back the memories too!!! At 1 time... they were the rage!

BoB

yeah i met an older guy here in my town that installed these covers on this car at the dealership when the car was new and he was a kid working as a lot boy. they're kinda rough but i think they add a lot of character and history to it.

No kiddin' & those plastic seat covers really bring back the memories too!!! At 1 time... they were the rage! Got any pictures under the hood?

BoB

under the hood is bone stock, i cleaned up as best i could, painted all the sheetmetal i could, left the engine untouched, except for a set of period chrome valve covers, i'll dig up some pics in a bit..

59 Impala, thats a nice car. I have a soft spot for all 59's. I like the wings of that year. I have a 59 buick in a bout the same shape as your Impala. I am leaving it somewhat how I found it. It has factory interior and crusty blue and white paint. I like the color combo also. TP

59Imp,
That's one beautiful 'bubble top!' My Dad inherited his father's 59 Biscayne (similar to the Imp) , after he passed away in the early 60's. Him and my mom, said they drove that 59 to near 200,000. It had the stock inline six and manual trans. I'll have to show him your ride, I am sure it will bring back memories:D

59Imp,
That's one beautiful 'bubble top!' My Dad inherited his father's 59 Biscayne (similar to the Imp) , after he passed away in the early 60's. Him and my mom, said they drove that 59 to near 200,000. It had the stock inline six and manual trans. I'll have to show him your ride, I am sure it will bring back memories:D

thanks BB, i had a great road trip this summer, and EVERY time i stopped for gas or at a rest stop, some older guy came up and shared a story or two about his dad or brother or uncle that had a 59 and i'd spend an extra 20 or 30 mins chatting, i learned pretty quick not to be in a hurry driving this car. it really became one of the highlights of the trip and some people shared some terrific stories, it was pretty cool

mo

151.jpg

163-1.jpg

59 imp

I like the z-28 wheels on there. They look perfect on that car. Please dont waste your money on high-dollar wheels. Anyways, great car. I love my 60 Biscayne too...:)

I like the z-28 wheels on there. They look perfect on that car. Please dont waste your money on high-dollar wheels. Anyways, great car. I love my 60 Biscayne too...:)

thanks Lowbuck, i really wanted to get this car on the road last summer, and i didn't know what to do for rims, i had the camaro rims laying around and after i painted them satin black they seemed like a good look, i've had a lot of positive comments about them, i'd like to get the rears widened to 9" so i can get more rubber under the car, the wheel wells are real big so i think it will look good.

Latest posts

Back