Vern Tardel's yard sale...................WOW!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.3Turbo_T

I just got back and I'm completely overwhelmed! The legendary Vern Tardel is liquidating his 50+ year collection for the next 3 Saturdays! Whatever is left over goes to the scrapper (he's already contracted with them)! 95% of his stuff ranges from the teens to the '60s. The prices are jaw-dropping (in a good way)! After 3 Bonneville world records, countless books and hundreds of hot rods the living legend is hanging it up! The following pics are just a small sampling of what's available.

Here's a few prices too.

Axles $10-$15.
Wishbones $25-$40.
Complete front suspensions $100 or so.
Fenders $10-$100
Hoods $25-$100
Doors $10-$50
A crate full of pedal assemblies $5 each.

He really doesn't care about the money. He just wants to liquidate and have his parts go to someone who's gonna use them. He came up and introduced himself to me and we had a long conversation about everything hot rod. He's just an awesome individual! A true living legend!

Enjoy the tour!

Anyone need an air cleaner?!

Maybe an exhaust or intake?

Suspensions galore!

Any type of rearend you could ever want! $45-$150.

He has 1 or 2 spare flatheads also.

Need that elusive pulley or carbureutor?

Doors anyone?

How about a hood?

What a smile!

Sold..........to someone else, darn!

$400 and it's a roller! He'll probably give it to me for $300. I can use the cowl. Sell the doors and Model A frame and make my money back!

Highly cool!

$450. Quite the little camper wagon!

Just a smattering of wheels.

The yellow 5-window coupe went for $1K. Asking $3500 for the Model A tudor. I'm sure he'll take less!

The shop was off limits but he let me in to wander around. Paradise!!

Yeah, baby!

Even better!

Maybe I'll go back next weekend and take some more pics!

3 saturdays doesn't seem like it will be enough:(
I have seen pics of his yard before. Especialy the stack of flat motor heads.
I don't even know want to know what's going to end up at the scappers.
Torchie.

Is this the result of city/county/state putting heat on him? I've seen that happen a lot in the last ten years. Wish I was closer I see tens of thousands of dollars in those pix.

Don

Is this the result of city/county/state putting heat on him? I've seen that happen a lot in the last ten years. Wish I was closer I see tens of thousands of dollars in those pix.

Don

No, not at all. Vern is in his 70's and he just decided it's time to give it up. He sees people his age starting to break down physically. He says they always talk about what they want to do but aren't able to do it because of age. He's in great physical shape and wants to go experience life now. He plans to travel extensively.

Yeah, there's money to be made there! I don't have the space but someone is gonna come in, grab a bunch of stuff for pennies and make some bucks on Ebay!

I've already been up for 21 hours but I'm really tempted to grab the 53 footer and head west again. I wish he was going to give it longer then three weeks.

WOW! As stated earlier it doesn't seem as though 3 Saturdays are going to be enough!:( It's truly sad to see all those rare parts and cars going to the scraper!:eek:

Latest posts

Back