New 1930 Model A Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.

So I thought the 1933 Buick was a bit too tall.

FrontBk_zpss6cifgen.jpg

so today I put an original 1930 Model A grill on it like it should have.

AGrill1_zpsqxx9gbeb.jpg

Its going to take a few days to get used to it, but I like it

Looks much better!

Ditching the funky sealed beam conversion would do wonders for the front as well. That and trade the 4x4 wheels on the rear for some stock steelies and you got it looking like a respectable hot rod...

Looks much better!

Ditching the funky sealed beam conversion would do wonders for the front as well. That and trade the 4x4 wheels on the rear for some stock steelies and you got it looking like a respectable hot rod...

I agree with everything you said. These wheels are killing me. I also would like to swap out the rear tires for tall skinny tires, and get some white walls for the front too.

Right now I am concentrating on getting the 37 done before turning my full attention to this one.

A skinnier wheel will help that tire as well. Right now it is stretched out so far on that ugly wide-ass wheel that it is actually decreasing overall diameter. Mount it on a 6" or 7" wheel and it will suck the sidewalls in and give the tire way more height. Pair it with some skinny bias up front and you will have a winner. I might have some reflectors and lenses for when you get rid of the sealed beams. Let me know...

Have not done much on this one yet (WAY too many projects)
but did paint the front wheels black, add some dog dishes, and trim rings.

A little cooler, my dad and uncle got me a present at a car show recently.
A pair of old school carbs.

I got them mounted this weekend, but got rained out as I was installing the linkage.
Got the dual linkage on the carbs done, just need to mount cable to linkage.

I like the looks of them a lot better.

New%20Carbs%202_zps1vtmzr3e.jpg

New%20Carbs_zpspjel7zhh.jpg

Got to finish up the linkage and took it for a ride..
Rides a lot better!! Had a huge stumble off idle with the old carb, runs great with these!
Snapped a few pics while I was out

Carb3_zpsixddrp5r.jpg

Carb4_zps0fx0pfsl.jpg

Changed up the rear wheels and tires.
Had to get rd of those 4x4 wheels.

Was trying on some wheels I got from a friend, and actually like the ET Streets that were on them.
Now I am torn.. Put the whitewalls on these wheels, and get some whitewall fronts
or sell them, and get a new set of these?

RearWheels2_zpsdwzodf08.jpg

RearWheels1_zpsh3u5arwj.jpg

RearWheels3_zpsougcvabh.jpg

I think I have a little theme going on here... 3 of my 6 vehicles are black.

Theme_zpsl2ugdeva.jpg

If the rears had caps and rings like the front [cl IMHO
Black is good, I've built three bikes, mine and two for my kids, yep all black bobbers :D

Thanks guys.

Soltz.

Without turning this into a bike thread, My bobbers tend to be black as well..
Here are just a few of the bikes I built. (only the black ones)

Last one I built, lot of work into this one.

SportsterBobberFinished_zps2a9f1571.jpg

This one I built the frame myself, only reused the original engine mount and neck.

IronheadSportster_zps290128c4.jpg

First time I hardtailed a Sporty

HardtailSportster1.jpg

A hardtailed Honda VLX. I also cut out the double backbone and made it a single so I could fit a Sportster tank

VLX600Bobber_zpsf8baff20.jpg

Hardtailed Vulcan got a little color

HardtailedVN800Right_zps6ab95d35.jpg

My first ever bobber (very simple based on what I do now, but it got my feet wet)

WB2.jpg

Though my current bobber is green

Paint2_zps50f5ede0.jpg

You like those Sporty tanks hey, Blue?

I'm not a big fan of those new rear wheels and tires, I'm not sure why. I do like the all blackwall look though. I would actually go a bit lighter with the wheels to bring some colour to the car, all black everything just fades out a bit.

The ET Streets were shot.. Dry rotted,
and had a cut where they touched on the top end of the track on another car they were on..
So, I picked up some cheap dirt track tires.
Man they are wide...

Tire_zpsxrdfoglk.jpg

DirtTrack_zps8aoqwyed.jpg

Latest posts

Back