The one that got me!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
This is the Rod that did it to me. It belongs to my sister's neighbor Eddie Barbosa It's a Bobber, Roadster, Hot Rod whatever, I though it was so cool. Then I got a ride in it when he was finished. That was it, throw in the towel. I was going to build me one or something similar. About the only thing similar is the 6 cylinder, the headlights, and that awesome gas tank. Which is what he started with and built the rest around it. Believe it or not that's a Nissan frame. He also hand built the windshield frame. Hats off to you Eddie!

Asphalt20Invitational2020072024620s.jpg

IMAGE_144.jpg

Last edited:
The funny thing is dmw, everytime I look at your truck build and see your gas tank, it reminds me of the very car you posted. I've always thought it was a very cool car.

(sorry for the Hijack) Those had a really cool drop axle in the back, with a chain drive outer hub. A friend of mine built a monster mud truck with two rear axles, and the steering was done by pivoting the front axle.
Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Yup, I grew up on a farm and spent my time behind the wheel. I drove a tractor before I drove a car/truck. We had mostly Cases and Farmalls. The guy who owns the local NAPA has a 38 AC for sale in front of his store....same gas tank!

Eddie's car was fearured in Hot Rod Deluxe. I think in the first re-issue.

I can see how that would move you along on a build....esp. if you saw it in person.

Ratty 46

He is a local in this area.About 30 minutes away.The Alviso Roadsters have some a real nice cars.That pic was taken at the Swiss Park Car show.It is about five minutes from my home.He is there with their club every year.The Vultures put that show on.Some really nice stuff shows up there.It on # 7.Very cool ride indeed.These are pics from the 07 show.I didnt take the camara this year because its usually the same cars.

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904

He is a local in this area.About 30 minutes away.The Alviso Roadsters have some a real nice cars.That pic was taken at the Swiss Park Car show.It is about five minutes from my home.He is there with their club every year.The Vultures put that show on.Some really nice stuff shows up there.It on # 7.Very cool ride indeed.These are pics from the 07 show.I didnt take the camara this year because its usually the same cars.

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904

That looked like a great show. I used to live in Gilroy where Eddie lives he has at least 3 other rods or just 2 ,one belongs to his wife. Really nice guy.

Latest posts

Back