Door frame grill ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menace

Heard about someone making a grill out of the window sections of two door frames.
Anyone hip to this ? Any pics ?

Yeah, mine is similar. I heard about it AFTER I bought this one though (had to make the grill shell). Basically take the entire section that would be the window of two matching doors, put them together end to end and it gives you the basic shape. You'll have to do some metal work for the grill insert rods (or whatever you want to use). It's definitely a good idea if you have time for some work. The cool thing is you can make it how you want it.

Here is mine. This wasn't made with door tops, but you can see the basic shape that two door tops would make. Cover have of the grill to see it the shape better if you need to.

1-9.jpg

2-9.jpg

Home made grill!

Here is a grill I made for my sedan from the tops of a 54 Plymouth Plaza doors and some 3/16'' rod for the screening. I still have it but not had a use for it. I opted to cut down and narrow a 29 grill for my sedan instead.If the price is right it could be bought!

Attachments

• grill.JPG
    grill.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 41
  • grill side.JPG
    grill side.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 45
I've been looking at the top edge, of the front fender from a chev pick up for the grill sides, but this looks to be a whole lot better. Cool idea. Sniper

Thanks Mr. Gussett, may take you up on that if I screw my 54 Dodge's up :rolleyes:.
Looking to do the same thing as yours but adding a center strip to it. My 4 core is 40" wide and a new radiator isn't in the budget just yet.

Latest posts

Back