1980 suzuki gs850gl rat/bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i recently got this bike im in love with the old school style could use some tips an some comments. welll see how far 3grand will get me on this bobber

Attachments

• 100_1530.jpg
    100_1530.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 38
Don't know why anybody would want to go from shocks to a hard tail[S

I really like the looks of bikes with shocks plus I'm old, If you really like the hardtail look fab a unishock/softail that has the appearance of a hardtail. I've seen some that I did not know were softails until the 3rd or 4th time I looked at them.

If you are a capable fabricator $3,000 is a very large budget for that bike I would think.[P

3,000 is whats left of the budget however it was only 3500 an i get the hardtail in tomorrow so we will see what i can do too it i definately dig the shocks on the bike already an especially in alabama the roads can get pretty bumpy so we will see what mal adjustments i can come up with however i do need to locate a welder in my area. id like some response to some exhaust idea give some details please thanks

3,000 is whats left of the budget however it was only 3500 an i get the hardtail in tomorrow so we will see what i can do too it i definately dig the shocks on the bike already an especially in alabama the roads can get pretty bumpy so we will see what mal adjustments i can come up with however i do need to locate a welder in my area. id like some response to some exhaust idea give some details please thanks

You can find an awsome springer seat I personally like the iron cross stiched into a black seat also there are hidden air bag seats, look old school really comfy,
I saw an exhaust set up, they used a 2x6 1/8 wall tubing on side with all 4 pipes running into it with a upswept end. Loud as h#&&, cool as s@$&,
The H in H hardtails are ok but the Santee streches it out 4" looks more like 6" and slams it low as H#&&. I've built a few bobbers and the latest one is a 70's style 70" sporty hardtail.

Extra note there is a website here where a guy has a suzuki hardtail bobber project for $300
www.manitobax.ca look under bikes and scroll down

Peace out

Latest posts

Back