292 Y block

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchyspeed

My best buddy has a 57 club victoria that from factory had a 312 but the last owner put in a 302 and trashed the Y block. we found a 292 Y block in maryland on ebay and got it for $250.00. it came out of a vehicle but the guy that had it owned a marina and did a great rebuild on it (in 1964) and converted it to a marine engine. after some research the only changes i see we need to make is exhaust manifolds, oil pan, timing cover and timing set. I was told if it had timing gears I needed to switch to chain. does anyone have any advice? did we make a good deal? we will check out the inside of the engine but so far it looks clean as new. this guy also has a really low milage 55 buick nail head he said his dad bought as a crate engine. its been sitting since the 60's also. he wants $500.00 for that one, any thoughts?

Ask Don

Frenchy,
I would ask Donsrods... he's the marine engine guy! $500 for a Nailhead... grab that one or gimme his contact info... QUICK!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back