A few pics from mule day car show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

No, it wasn't a political rally for a certain party, but a day to honor a working animal that many a farmer had back in the day. Winfield AL celebrates mule day every Sept with a car show, parade, carnival, and numerous arts and craft dealers. Here's a few pics I took today that might interest some of ya'll:
100_1456_zpsd7a617c3.jpg

Nice 31 that was for sale, $12,500. Owner never raised the hood, so I don't know what engine it had.
100_1458_zps1a45978a.jpg

100_1457_zps37ba91dc.jpg

My Maverick, Bro in Law's pickup, friend's Mustang
100_1450_zpsa2e37298.jpg

Ratty Chevy!
100_1448_zps30704880.jpg

Nice glass 32, but I'm not sure about the steering!
100_1454_zps9afc4a33.jpg

100_1455_zpsd2460986.jpg

Here's a link to all the pics, enjoy!
http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac22/ford84stepside/Car Shows/mule day winfield al 2012/

we had to move the daughter (all weekend) and had a football game saturday so i didn't get to go. hope to see you at the cruz'n on the square in jasper next mouth.

that coupe with the flex steering has been around for a long time and has done well, looks scary to me though.

So uhhh...... that last pick.......... is that a uhhhhhhh flexible steering shaft??

that coupe with the flex steering has been around for a long time and has done well, looks scary to me though.

Yep, some sort of flexible shaft. Looks scary to me, too, but the guy drives it. I would have used a couple of U joints if I had of done it.

I like your Maverick. Small block Ford in it? The A coupe is done the way I like them too.

Yep, 302. Crane 272 cam, Offy intake, holley 4 bbl, Hooker Headers, C4, 3:00 gears. Great cruiser. I did everything to it, including paint, except for aligning the front end and bending up the over the axle exhaust pipes.

we had to move the daughter (all weekend) and had a football game saturday so i didn't get to go. hope to see you at the cruz'n on the square in jasper next mouth.

If nothing happens, we'll be there! Plan on being at the Sat night cruise in at the mall on the 6th, too. It's the last one for the year, man, where has this year gone? Going to try and bring the Mav and the Vette both. Started out with both last Sat, but she cut the Vette off at the store in Eldridge and it wouldn't crank back, starter heat soaked and dragging. Going to order a new one this week.

no saturday evening shows for me because the grandson has football games at that time, will look you up at the square. i'm hoping to have my bike there, if money allows, i got acouple extra bills that i didn't need.

Some of the 70's Mustang II's and I think Pintos came from the factory with a flexible steering shaft like that. Thanks for the photos Bamamav.

Latest posts

Back