Am I just wasting my time and money?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, maybe I'm out of line here, but why spend all that time and effort building something that is only going to be towed to shows? [S I (and please excuse me if I offend anyone) can't see what purpose that would serve.

I would rather find something with a title, license it in my name, then hack it up into whatever you want. As long as it has the lights, etc required by your state, I doubt anyone would hassle you about the title, because it would already be titled and licensed.

Again, I'm not trying to be a butthead, but I hate seeing people spend a bunch of time and money building something they can't do much with when they're done. :)

I am not offended at all. I'd much rather build something street-able, but in this area, because the NC DMV is so strict when it comes to titles, about the bare minimum price tag for something with a title is about $2000 - and that's for some VERY rusted out projects. I'm having to build this a little at a time with funds available when I can. (I'm a stay-at-home dad) When I go back to work once my son starts kindergarten in a year and a half, perhaps then I can find something with a title, and in the meantime I can build this as a project for me and my son to enjoy wrenching on. He has already named it "The Secret Weapon".

If I can find something affordable with a title at that point, I can dismantle this and use any parts needed on the titled vehicle and chalk it up to experience and time well spent with my son.

Latest posts

Back