any body runnin a blower

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

any body runnin a blower on a coupe with 350 small block,if so what kind and how satisfied are you with it.:confused:

Attachments

• SANY0547.jpg
    SANY0547.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 58
I am running a 144 b&m supercharger, it adds about 100hp, I really like it looks good sounds great, I get 13.6 mpg with it on running a 750 cfm edelbrock carb, if you run fuel injection than you will get alot better gas milage, My ride is Sinister the 1934 Chevy pickup you can see video and pics on the site, now this smaller supercharger is not like the 671, or 871 they are real pressure builders, mine is more of a mass air flow system, I can't get traction at the rear tires i just blow the tires off, I also have riped the rear end right out of the truck once, but my motor was built for drags and would run about 10k to have it built for you by someone, like eagle crank and H rods, sterling pistons, roller cam, 202 alumunm heads, rattler balancer, decked block, full manual shift 350 turbo

I have a Wieand 6-71 on a 350. Not in a coupe but in a T Bucket. It will make 10-12 lbs of boost. I have not had it on a dyno, but the desk top dyno says 725hp. With 2 Edelbrocks on it, it will get about 10 mpg, if you have a lot of fun it gets about 4 mpg.
newtfinished5-1.jpg

671=instant horniness. fun to drive, makes a bold statment, usually nobody wants to mess with you and asume your rig is quick

Mines not a coupe but a '50 sedan.
471 B&M / Holley 700 double pumper, on a 355 SBC / 400 hp w/ 882 heads, 9 lbs. of boost.
I'm swapping the cast iron heads out for a set of Edelbrock aluminum 72cc chamber / 200cc runner / roller rocker, should increase by 50 hp.

CompletedStudeFrame10.JPG

Mines not a coupe but a '50 sedan.
471 B&M / Holley 700 double pumper, on a 355 SBC / 400 hp w/ 882 heads, 9 lbs. of boost.
I'm swapping the cast iron heads out for a set of Edelbrock aluminum 72cc chamber / 200cc runner / roller rocker, should increase by 50 hp.

CompletedStudeFrame10.JPG

Isn't that a B&M 144 instead of a 4-71?

Had this in an old project but never fired it up. Its going in my IH project now! :D RR

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 11
I have a B&M 144 on a BBC in a poject car. I am a little dissappointed--Fartin, Belching, cold natured critter with a modest increase in performance--(maybe 50 HP)..

I wouldn't do it again.. At least with a 144...

PA41

I'm not entirely sure a small 144 street blower would be any good on a big block. I know it adds good streetable hp on a small block and if you're running aluminum heads that'll give a few more horses.

again in Sinister the 144 I have, WOW, the power I have in this truck way to much, I fear the pedel to the metal, and I never fear that, this motor was built for the biggest of blowers the 144 is the smallest, I couldn't even think of putting a bigger one on, me very happy with this, another note make sure you run the right carb and don't run it lean, rich is always better than lean, lean will get you motor blown up or burn pistons up

Latest posts

Back