Arizona newbie old guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyone

Hey everyone I've been looking for others that have or are building a Rat Rod and now here I am :D. I'm a retired Master tech and now building a 57 chevy 2 dr,210,post,454 H.O. engine,beefed 400 turbo. I don't know how many people are building a 57 chevy rat rod but that's what I'm doing. Born and raised in the Motor City and moved to Az. in 76, don't know what else to tell you except can't wait to share what I know and hopefully get some help from you. Thanks for reading my dribble.

Hello

Welcome to RRR......a friend of mine has a 55 he did the inside & motor and left the outside alone and it's a nice ride, all of us locals want it ..

sounds like a cool ride...

post up some pics...

Later :cool:
Hey Skull thanks for taking the time. I am a cave man on this new thing they call a computer, I will take pics and post them when my 5 year old grandson comes over to visit :). My 57 has almost all the body work done now and just doing patch panels on the floor. Still trying to figure out if the firewall goes back 3 or 4 inches for that big block ( oil pan clearing steering linkage and headers clearing steering box) well I'll deal with that when the time comes. Thanks

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You had a good question, there, is there an age limit on ratrods? My opinion is that Ratrodism is a build philosophy rather than an auto birth date.
Keep on tinkering. L.B.

Kool project.
You don't have to move the firewall to stick a big block in a Tri 5. The best thing to do though is put side motor mounts and a tranny cross member in. Use the six cylinder position for the radiator mounting. (In front of the core support)
Welcome to the site, we love to help.

Latest posts

Back