Building SICK Toys in Chattanooga, Tennessee!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage-Bound

Chattanooga, Tennessee...Go Chatt' Rats... WHOOP!
Okay...so how did I find this great place? I was searching images online for rat rod dually trucks and came across one your members' builds: a green Diamond T Dually that gave me goose bumps as I checked out the build. I aspire to build a truck similar. So what I have to work with is a rolling '52 Dodge pickup, of which I shall post pics. Welding and fabricating is not a problem...stuff in the garage: Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG, Miller 185 MIG, Hypertherm 45 Plasma, torches, etc. By the way, I would really like to make friends here with the person who has built the green Diamond T truck.

I am not a member yet, but have been hanging out a lot with The Chattanooga Rat Rod Association... aka Chatt' Rats. David Rose is a pretty cool guy, Denny, Les, Ben...cool cats. I have been dragging my rat bicycles to their shows and stuff to set up...waiting for a truck to roll my way, which has recently arrived. I have been trying to find a COE, which I have found an awesome Chevy COE tow truck, have had the money to buy it 3 times but darn...life comes up and cash has had to be diverted. So, having to do this on the cheap now and settling for the '52 Dodge. Guess the Dodge was meant to be. Have a sb 350 and auto trans from a donar truck. Looking to buy a dually at a wrecking yard in Alabama that came from a motor home...has disc brakes.

Just got married to the most beautiful bride in all of Chattanooga last weekend and just returned from our honeymoon yesterday from Cabo. So life is good in that department. My son, Arron, 12 follows my footsteps in the garage and is MIG welding quite well and loves to tear things up with the plasma cutter. He enjoys building bicycles and small sculptures. I invite folks to check out my youtube channel by searching: microlifemike You will find some videos of my projects.

I invite anyone here to communicate with me, my email and website should be posted in my profile. Looking forward to making some friends and learning some more stuff here.

Thanks,

Michael Brandt

Attachments

• dodge side.jpg
    dodge side.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 30
  • downsized950527121153.jpg
    downsized950527121153.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 52 dodge front.jpg
    52 dodge front.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 29
hi

welcome...................

kids and dodge trucks are close to my heart.

dodge truck with a SBC,,,hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that sounds familiar:D

glad ya found us, post lots of pics when ya do the build thread, we are a visual bunch around here.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome to the triple R! I don't know if you noticed, but that truck looks like it has some rust on it! [S[ddd

Beercan

Great intro and a decent looking starting point. I am not far from in Marietta. I have family in East Ridge and I drag race occasionally [when I have a car running] at The Brainerd drag strip. If I can help dont hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the site. For you Choo Choo guys the National T Bucket Alliance is holding their National event at the Choo Choo Hotel>. June 17-23

They are expecting 150-200 T Buckets.

Rust!

Welcome to the triple R! I don't know if you noticed, but that truck looks like it has some rust on it! [S[ddd

Beercan

Ahhhh...a natural phenomena...rust! I like the patina. This will save me from having to do any chemically induced rusting process(s) later on down the road. If it's too bad...cut cut weld weld a new piece in! No problem!

Michael

Marietta?

Great intro and a decent looking starting point. I am not far from in Marietta. I have family in East Ridge and I drag race occasionally [when I have a car running] at The Brainerd drag strip. If I can help dont hesitate to ask.

Hey Dave,

Let me know when you will be coming to East Ridge, just a couple miles from my place. This Tuesday night will be the next Chattanooga Rat Rod Association's meeting. Let me know if you'd like to drive up. It's from like 5-6 pm till like 9 pm off the Ringgold exit. Should be fun. They will have one of the club members present their car. Next month I will be guest speaker, doing a plasma cutting demonstration at their headquarters which is at Full Throttle Rod Shop. What skills do you have in which I may pull from?

Thanks!
Michael

Sweet T's!

Welcome to the site. For you Choo Choo guys the National T Bucket Alliance is holding their National event at the Choo Choo Hotel>. June 17-23

They are expecting 150-200 T Buckets.

Just spoke to pres' of Chatt' Rats...surely several of us will show up! Plz let me know prior to event how to find you so we may make each others' acquaintance. And! Thanks for the heads up!

Michael

Come for a visit!

Welcome from Ranger,GA im about 50 miles south of you.....

Chattanooga Rat Rod Association is holding their monthly meeting on Tuesday of this week in Ringgold at Full Throttle Rod shop! Why don't you drive up and attend? Drive a rat if you can! Would love to have a new face! Starts at 5-6 I believe. Can give you more accurate info if you are interested!

Michael

Just spoke to pres' of Chatt' Rats...surely several of us will show up! Plz let me know prior to event how to find you so we may make each others' acquaintance. And! Thanks for the heads up!

Michael

We will be set up in the vendors area, selling bodies and T parts. Looking forward to meeting you. Look for the signs that say RPM.

Welcome aboard from Northern Oregon

Hey Michael glad you found the best site on the web. I visited Tennessee for the first time this year and loved it. Sounds like the guys in your club are having fun. Keep us posted on your build, in "Builds" so we can follow along. Steve

Latest posts

Back