Caddy engines in the new Street Rodder!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Street Rodder is still one of my fav car mags & in the new issue there's an article on the old Caddy motors cats used back in the day! Ck it if u get a chance!

BoB

Street Rodder has made a comeback IMO. For years they were one of my favs, along with Rod and Custom. But then they started getting into the billet laden, so-smooth-you-couldn't-recognize-what-the-car-was type of hot rod, so I lost interest in the magazine. However, in the last year or more they are getting back to their roots and the features have been very enjoyable.

Some people complain about the amount of ads in it, but that is what pays for the magazine to be published. I think the ads are a good source of info on what products are available and where to get them.

Caddy engines are the bomb. I think they rank right up there with Olds, Hemis, and flatheads as the quintessential hot rod motors of all time.

Don

Caddy engines are the bomb. I think they rank right up there with Olds, Hemis, and flatheads as the quintessential hot rod motors of all time.

My Dad had a '57 Ranchero (that's why I have one too) that had a big Caddy motor in it. He liked them because they had *plenty* of power even in stock form! Drop it in & GO!!! :D:eek:[ddd

BoB

Caddy motors

Nothing wrong with caddy motors, the 472 and 500 both had over 300 hp. and over 500 ft. lbs of torque in stock form, any motor that would burn the tires off of an old 5000 lb. car with a 2.70 rear end and auto trans makes for a lot of fun in a car of only 2000 lbs.
I put a better intake and cam in mine so it should be a pretty scarry ride [ddev

i bought a rusted out cad 650$ pulled motor trans and rear axle,scrapped the body for 400$ that put me at a cost of 250$ in my entire drivetain for my rat,it would cost 2500 or more to get that kinda power from a sbc

Speaking of Caddy's, I pulled a "Tripper" the other night coming home from the shop. I was in my daily driver Deville and a Firebird pulls next to me at a light. It had some nice wheels, a flame paint job, and a rough idle. When the light changed I left a little harder than normal and then I heard him kick the Firebird down, so I opened up the Northstar too. He got his front fender to the middle of my door and never got any further.:D We ran that way for a while and then traffic was stopping ahead of me so I backed off and let him by.

A few seconds later a Sherrifs car came up behind me in the other lane, but went past me. I think he was after the Firebird, but I couldn't tell because I turned off into a shopping center to lay low for a while. :eek: Bet Mr. Firebird felt bad that Grandpa's Caddy ran as good as his hot rod! [cl

27outsidepictures083.jpg

Yep, Cadillac still has it!

Don

I have a 68 472 (375hp, 525ftlb, 10.5:1) sitting in my barn waiting to be strapped into a frame and wrapped with a 31 roadster body.

Hey Don, I used to have a 94 seville and used to hang out a guy that worked with me in his 72 cutlass 442 350 4spd car all the time. Used to really make him mad! now imagine the northstar in a 2200lbs T bucket or model A[cl

Hey Don, I used to have a 94 seville and used to hang out a guy that worked with me in his 72 cutlass 442 350 4spd car all the time. Used to really make him mad! now imagine the northstar in a 2200lbs T bucket or model A[cl

Yep, I've thought the same thing. This big boat really hauls when you kick it. :eek: There is supposed to be a company that makes stuff to put a regular intake and stuff on it and adapters to turn it into a rear wheel drive motor.

When I had my Jeep pickup with the 5.0 Mustang engine I had a newer Caddy with a Northstar blow me off one day, so I knew they were pretty quick.

Don

Caddy power

Man I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here with a daily driver caddy, 04 Seville SLS, last year of the big body, and my dream daily driver would be a XLR-V now that is a car, Ain't it fun to mess with the kids in the honda's with the big fart cannons on them, they hide their face when they pull up to you after getting smoked by a big caddy :D

Latest posts

Back