Can you see me smiling???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I'm ready for the Witness Protection Program.........I have no fingerprints left from sanding.:eek: Actually, Dan has done the lions share of that because I am afraid to mess up anything on his car........he's so fussy. :p

If the rain holds off tomorrow we have a lot of the bed parts prepped and ready for the first coats of primer.

Don

Well, it poured rain but it stopped before dusk so we got 14 of the 17 bed pieces primed. [cl Only have the two sides and tailgate to do then we can scuff it all and shoot it in Hot Rod Black. What is really cool is that now we don't have to worry about these 14 pieces rusting from just sitting around the shop.............if we hadn't gotten them primed today by next weekend we would have had to sand and prep them all over again.

This really put us in good shape to maybe get this car done in time for Turkey Run. :D

Don

AWESOME!!![cl[cl

I've seen posting of this car (truck?) around here and other forums for a long time now...Glad to see you guys are nearing the end of it! I'm sure there's been times when your boy (all of you, actually) probably thought this would NEVER get done!

Lookin' forward to more pics as they come![P[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Thanks Corpo, Cycledog, and Annamel. I missed your posts, must have been typing while you were posting.

Rev, yeah, the holes remove 2.3 lbs from the frame. :D No, actually they are just there to add some detail to an otherwise flat surface. Same reason we punch holes in our front axles and stuff like that.

Some of them may actually be functional though, allowing some air to pass under the body to help cool things like the transmission cooler, but that is probably a stretch.

Don

i bet it actually removes quite a bit more weight that that lol - helps with running wiring thats hidden, thats for sure :) -- looks terrific either way

looking good guys.......

i'm sure you're proud of his attention to detail, and it is only the beginning of what/how you'll feel when all the people get to oogle over it at T.R.

[cl:cool:

Thanks again guys. Shea, there are times when we STILL wonder if it will ever be done.:D

Cantwell, you are right about those holes helping to route wires, lines, etc. Plus you can get your hand through the bigger ones to reach stuff like bolts.

Preacher, I can't wait until Dan gets to pull into a show or cruise with this thing. It is loud as h***, and shakes like mad from the cam, so it should be fun to drive. He has worked so hard on this thing for 5 years that I can only imagine how burned out he must be............I know I am. :eek:

Today I ordered two pages of polished stainless nuts, bolts and washers from Totally Stainless. If they show up by this weekend we can start assembling stuff under his dash, like the brake setup, support brackets, etc. Hopefully, that will be the last of the fasteners we need as he ordered enough for the bed too.

Don

I saw a line of bolts (or rivets) at the lower rear edge of the cab. Looked good against the black. I bet the rest will look equally good! [cl

Latest posts

Back