Changing cabs...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

It's been a while and if you remember me, this is my first build... EVER. I have never done much more than change a filter or a fuel pump and have met a wonderful girl who's father is teaching along the way.

I am still trying to salvage the 37 Ford cab most of you have seen (I'm trying to get some new doors for it), but for now I traded some pinstriping for a pretty clean 46 International cab that I'm putting on the 37 Ford frame. Almost have the rearend mounted and most of the front suspension complete. I have a steering box and column, seats, bed, a radiator, grille, and pedal assembly, but have been doing some work on the cab right now. I lowered it a few inches to hide the frame some more and will be chopping it soon. I've also recently bought a SB Chevy 350 crate motor (9,000 miles) /350 trans for about $600... runs and sounds good. I recently chopped the arms off the original spindles to convert to bolt on arms so I can clear my axle/spring. I've also already got front disc brakes w/ Ford bolt pattern to match Ford 8.8 rear. I've spent around $1600 so far but am selling a bunch of parts that came with the original buy and should make about $300 back. Anyways here are a few pics to start.

37Front_suspension.jpg

cut_37spindle_arms.jpg

I'm still new to this so forgive my terminology. I believe this is a trailing arm (?) off of a newer chevy pu. I made brackets for each side this past Sunday.
trailingarm.jpg

Rear_arm_mountClose.jpg

Latest posts

Back