collector car insurance

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

i was looking into tagging and insuring my v-8 s-10 to drive it some this summer. my regular insurance wants almost 400 a year for liability only. i mentioned it to a friend who said he had just insured 2 of his cars with haggerty. they are both later model modified cars. i didnt know they insured stuff like that. so i contacted them and got 10k full coverage on my green machine for 203 a year. i'm wondering if they'll insure rats. anyone know.
greenmachine5-copy.jpg

im going through grundy with my fiero and 41 rat its only 372.00 for both with 8000.00 on each no milage requirments(sp):D i think with hagerty you can onle drive 2000 miles a year:eek:

I'm with Grundy on my Model A and 80 Corvette and I was told that there were restrictions. Car has to be 25 yrs old, no drivers under 25 yrs old and I can't drive them to work. Maybe they've changed but that was the deal when I purchased mine. The Model A is insured for $25,000 and full coverage is about 150. a year and I think the Vette is insured for 14,000 and it's 125. a year. I've never had a claim so I don't know how they pay off. The lady I deal with had to have a picture of the cars when I first insured them. HB

Am using Sneed. Cost for both my coupe & the wife's pickup is $407 yearly. It's agreed cost (20,000 truck, $10,000 coupe) with no milage limit.

Hey BruceR&C, I just looked at Sneed Ins and it says that they have 1000, 3000, and 6000 mileage packages. Have you got something special from them to have unlimited mileage? Harleyboy

I had my 83 S15 insured with Hagerty under their specialty car coverage. It was insured for 15K agreed value and I sent them pics in the beginning. I paid around $200 a year.

IMG_2959.sized.jpg

I have 5 cars with Hagerty only $1000/year. No deductable, agreed value, limited mileage restrictions however, they can't be daily drivers you must have alternate transportation, must be parked in a garage, and no drivers under 25. You can also insure project cars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back