Creme de la Chrome - Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeR

The Creme de la Chrome - Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show will be at the Colorado Convention Center again at the end of November, running Friday thru Sunday, November 25th to the 27th.

I've been invited to show again in the Art of the Automobile display at the show. They chose to use one of my photoshop creations for their current main page on their web site (don't know if they change over the front page, so hopefully it is up there for a while):
Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show

I took the photo of J.D.'s green '41 Ford Coupe rod at their show last year, inside the convention center. I took the photo of the street where Colfax wraps around Civic Center Park in downtown Denver last year. I used a bit of photoshop magic and Topaz products to compile the two images together and give the car the illusion of motion. Stop by and say hi if you make it to the show.

This are some of the images I've created for this year's show:

Black Tee Bucket & Sacrifice Creates Destiny by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

The car image is from the 2011 Goodguys Colorado Nationals show. The awesome wall mural is from the side of the "Cybergeeks" building on South Golden Road in Golden, Colorado. The mural is titled "Sacrifice Creates Destiny" and was painted in 2003. I wasn't able to read the artist's signature, as I'd love to give him some credit here for the amazing work.

Here is another, with a 1956 Corvette Roadster from the Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals and a differnt angle of the same mural:

1956 Corvette Roadster & Sacrifice Creates Destiny Mural by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

Last edited:
I got my booth set up yesterday, looking forward to the opening of the show on Friday morning. Lots of great cars already showing up. There were some real beauties down there. I looks like the bigger prize money has brought in some new and interesting rides. I haven't seen too many rats, but they were still bringing a lot of cars in as I left. I'll be posting picks after the show.

Car show creations - Shots from show to follow:

Here are a few of the images I created while at my booth at the show:

1960 Cadillac - Dusk Image by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1932 Ford Roadster - Mitch Parker by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

This is the only rat that I saw at the show - right next to my booth:

1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - Mural by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - B&W Background by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - B&W Background - Interior by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1940 Ford Pickup - David Meek - Gas Station by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1940 Ford Pickup - David Meek - Selective Color by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

I'll follow up with shots fromt the show without all the fancy Photoshop work over the next few days.

Bonehead,

Thanks! It was great to have Mike's rod parked right in front of my booth - It was a crowd favorite and really stood out from all of the shiny stuff. I've posted this shot on the "other white meat" site and have already been scorned for posting the image. Go figure....

Here is another piece I just finished tonight:

This is Mike Detwiler's 1932 Ford Highboy Coupe, which was featured in David Uhl's painting "Sly Hill Showdown". I left the painting with the car in it in color in the background:

1932 Ford Hiboy Roadster - Mike Detwiler B&W by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

I still have hundreds of more shots to edit from the show. Please let me know if there are any special requests from those that attended. I'm always looking for a new challenge!

Latest posts

Back