fisher body tags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwscowboy

Is there anywhere that a guy can decode numbers from early fisher body tags.I have 2 numbers i'd like to try and decode.I beleive they are both late 20's chevys.One is a 29 chevy truck,may have been a car at one time but now has a home made tin roof and rear wall.The second is one i just found sitting on an old farm i did some work on.It looks like a 2 door cabriolet of some sort.It has 2 doors but is an open tub from there back like it had a fabric roof at one time.I beleive it is an late 29-31 chevy as well.I say this because it has signal lights on the cowl similar to my buddies 31 essex.But it has a g.m fisher body tag on the firewall and smaller fisher tags on the lower cowl areas.Sorry no pics yet guys as it turned 25 below zero and a foot of snow so no desire to freeze while taking some pics.I will be back there in a week or so and the weather is supposed to be warmer so will snap some pics then.There was also a nice 50`s chevy cab sitting there that looked really solid.I found the front clip sitting in the tall grass and looks like the bed was made into a trailer at some point as was there as well.I think the original frame and axles were there under another pile as well.I think i will try and grab the doors and grille shells for sure as they were still really solid.Like i said i beleive the truck is a 29 as it has the oval gauges in it still.Not sure on the other as it has a 8 x 4 square speedo in it,still intact so i`ll try to grab it to.The acreage owner didn`t seem to know or care to much about any of it so i`m sure i can grab most of it for cheap or free maybe.

Forgot to mention that the one i just found still is sitting on it`s wood spoke wheels so maybe older than a 29.

Latest posts

Back