Got pulled over by the cops tonight.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help but put my 2 cents in.....lol

Gas is spot on...... if it's unusual to see traffic coming out of an area at those times of night...this gives the officer reasonable suspicion to make the stop....probable cause is more towads making an arrest...not a stop and talk... Officer was doing his job....protecting people and property....sounds like he handled it well and so did you..... so many people want to fly off the handle....argue and tell the officer what he can and can't do....makes for a confrontational contact....That is why I always ID myself, tell them what department I'm with and why I'm stopping them.....usually deters any arguement....also......what would people have thought if he didn't make the stop and somebody had just done a B&E on their shop.... being a cop is never easy.....darned if you do, darned if you don't.....

No, he was not only professional, but pleasant to deal with also. Now, the first two guys who came in our door with hands on their guns, they were not so friendly, even after we satisfied them who we were. They had NO sense of humor. :eek:

Don

That makes sense, Bill. Like I mentioned, we really are happy to see them looking out for us..........the alarms and triple padlocks we have only go so far. Our neighbors love the fact that we are there until the wee hours of the morning a lot of nights, and I have followed a few suspicious cars myself who I saw just cruising through the area after midnight.

Ft. Myers is becoming not the safe place it was years ago....our murder rate is climbing stupidly high. I keep a couple of guns sitting around the shop where we can get at them if something happens. Shame we have to live like this, isn't it. :(

Don

That is the reason my friends that you met moved up here. Slower pace and everything is quiet and you feel safe here. Down there you are constantly watching over your shoulder. :eek:

Don if you want your shop to be looked after even better go down to the precinct and ask for the duty officer for the night shift. Tell him you were pulled over (time and date) and say that you want to thank the officer for being dilligent on his patrol. Tell him you have a shop down there with your sons and like the security of knowing the officer is taking his rounds seriously. You will find the guy will prob drop in on you, shoot the breeze and will have a personal connection to your shop and watch it even more. Just my $.02

I just took your suggestions and called the station where that officer was out of. I told them what happened and that we really appreciate the coverage they are giving our area. They asked if I knew the name of the Officer and I didn't , but they will try to figure out who he was from my description and pass it along to him.

Don

Yep....that's the way to do it...

I can count on one hand the number of compliments we get in a year....the complaints well, I stopped counting.....best we can hope for is a thank you now and then....the worst....well, could be anything from a threat to an attack...too bad there isn't a charge for "comtempt of cop"...lol Nice job Don, you did the right thing for sure...

I'm like most other people, I am not fond of the cops when I see a flashing red light behind me, but they sure are the first guys I call when I need help. I can't imagine having a job where you never know when you leave for work that morning if you will come back alive that night, and today some of the gangbanger types think NOTHING of shooting at a cop and in most cases have more firepower than the police.

I can't even begin to imagine a world without our LE Officers, both men and women.

Don

I can't even begin to imagine a world without our LE Officers, both men and women.

Don

It would just be some person without a uniform running towards the bullets / fire / car accident when everyone else is running away. The person is still the same now. they just have a cheap uniform on, a tool belt and a hope for humanity.

Nice job calling the station Don. If I am ever in the area I will buy you a beer. (but I want a ride in the roadster too!)[cl

Latest posts

Back