gun talk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
You know I like to talk guns occasionally.
I've been wanting one of these for a while
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=305209131
They are a straight pull action and the typical high standard of material and workmanship you would expect from the Swedes. Plus they were not involved in any wars so the guns were never just pumped out in numbers like the rest of the warring world.
I already have a sport rifle with a Swedish mauser action in a 6.5x55. It is about my favorite gun to shoot. Don't kick bad, shoots flat and penetrates better than a 30-06. Kind of an overlooked caliber in the USA.

I have one and they are very well made rifles. Most are still in excellent condition because they were never used in battle. My neighbor is Swiss and he field stripped mine in about 10 second one time

I haven't owned a Swiss made rifle yet but now I want one. Have always been a big fan of the Turkish 8mm mauser was thinking of buying a new one but may be changing my mind. That is one beautiful weapon!

Another straight pull is the Austo-Hungarian Steyr-Mannliker M95. It isn't as nice as the K31 but are much cheaper to buy. I purchased one in a local gun store last year. It was supposed to be the more common 8x56R. I ordered ammo online and when it got here I discovered that it was an earlier 8x50R so I took it back. I still have 100 rounds of ammo in the en bloc clips. The clips are necessary and you can't load the magazine without them. Once the magazine is empty, the clip falls out the bottom. I still plan to get one of those too.
Here's some good pictures of one.

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/repeating-rifle/at/steyr-mannlicher-m95-e.html

I'm not a collector so I usually try to buy "sporterized" versions as they are much cheaper. I got both my 6.5x55 and my 7x57 that way. The 7x57 awaits a scope and a different stock but came with a Timney trigger and has been reworked, very smooth action. I put a Bold trigger in the 6.5 and a Choate composite stock.

Latest posts

Back