hello all. From Austin, TX. Can someone help a newbie out?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julian25

OK. so im new to the rat rod culture in the sense that I have just bought a car to convert it over to a rat. I am really excited about it! The only problem I have is that i cant find parts for it. Its a 1970 plymouth valiant. I know it's not a true rat like a DeSoto or anything, but cut me some slack; it's my first one. It has potential to look cool. I'd like to find a new grill for it. Preferible if its a custom one. I need a "egg shell" paint job. So anyone in Central Texas know of any good shops? also I want the Wide Whites! Can any one offer any insight on this. Im am so ready for the 2010 LoneStar kustom round up! Please help out fellas. Any info is welcome. The paint scheme I wanna go with is LA Dodger blue body with a white roof. Wide whites. Black wheels with either the spider caps or maybe something else from www.hubcapmike.com. IDK. what do guys think? thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Picture 00-1.jpg
    Picture 00-1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'll only be a rat rod after you drop in a blown hemi and jack the front end up with a straight axle:D..just kiddin.. Do what turns you on just keep us posted!!![cl

I think the car looks good the way it is. Not really what I can picture as a rat rod.But its your car, flat paint isn't that hard to do yourself. One of the first flat paintjobs I did was done in my driveway with a rented turbine HVLP sprayer, used exterior latex house paint. Stood up real well on a 4X4 for years. Its all about trying to do it yourself.If you pay some shop big bucks, kinda smacks the whole rat rod thing in the face.Just my 2c.

The Lonestar Roundup is for 1963 & earlier cars...you can't get your 1970 into the show...

yeah, i am aware. I live here. Im still pumped up about going though. I didnt have plans to be a part of the show. Just a spectator. Thanks for the info fellas. I actually found a good shop called Manny's muffler shop and they seem real cool. Thanks again

If you buy a nice car, which this one appears to be, and then "rat it". It's not a real rat then. There's nothing wrong with having a nice original car. Just because it's a current trend is no reason to messing up a good looking car. If you want a "rat rod" then go build one from junk that most people wouldn't normally consider hot rod worthy.
It would make a cool gasser though.

Latest posts

Back