Hello from Atlanta

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundhouse

Just stumbled onto the site.

My 15 yr old son is wavering back and forth between wanting a 69 Chevelle, a 71 Torino fastback or a ratrod for his first car.

"I want something cool, not a Honda or Toyota like everyone else has"

Mrs Roundhouse and I had a talk, and told him as soon as he was fluent in a foreign language , we'd start looking and contribute X amount of $$ toward the purchase.

we saw this Dodge on ebay, it will sell for about double what we have available to spend, but its along the lines of what we're looking for.

Also love the Diamond T.

Like the maroon coupe, in the 3rd and 4th pic, looks alot larger/longer than a Ford, I assume its a late 30's Dodge also?

Kids probably going to need a couple or sedan instead of a pickup, he was 6'2'' before his 15th birthday.
We already had to buy a Expedition to replace the 4Runner, cause he cant fit in the 4 runner any more.

Are there any obvious mods to the Diamond T, other than lowering?

Ive done engine transplants, started with swapping a EFI 5.0 from a 90 Mustang in to my 73 Bronco, along with power steering from a 77 Bronco, front discs from a 74 Blazer, a 5 speed from a 2001 Wrangler and seats from a Miata.

My latest was getting a 1KZT diesel from a Toyota truck in Scotland and transplanting it in a 95 4Runner, which we will sell to fund the RR purchase.

My welding experience consists of putting new floorpans in my 66 Thunderbird.
I hate to admit it, but my wife is a much better welder than me.

great site, thanks for having us aboard!

Attachments

• 39 dodge ratrod.jpg
    39 dodge ratrod.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Diamond-T.jpg
    Diamond-T.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 15
  • mystery car2.jpg
    mystery car2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 16
  • mystery car.jpg
    mystery car.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to RRR! Start scavenging parts. Look into 20's-30's 4drs - chop out the rear doors and you have an extended truck cab. Plenty of room for a big boy.
290064-bigboy.jpg

Hi roundhouse, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You probably won't be chopping your car as hard as that one so it will not look as long and fat. If you're going to do a '33-'34 Ford please don't use an Anglia grille, because the Ford has such a nice one in those years.
You are going to have a good time with a family build.

Welcome to the site.
The early coupes and trucks are really lacking in the leg room department. What Sam suggested for a pickup is the way to go.

Welcome to RRR, that 39 dodge is killer, do you have more pics of it?

I love the Dodge, it is awesome.
cant afford it.

Its at a shop not too far from where I live.
very nicely done by a pro
not some drunk hillbilly welding together scrap parts.

on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1938...1031659?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c33f8dc6b

they seller has another 39 Dodge, but it looks like crap. Looks like a kindergarten class built it.

Heres a 35 Dodge sedan, done a little differently than most rat rods.

4wd, 40 & 44 inch tires. still pretty low to the ground.

even if it were 2wd with the tall tires, still a pretty cool build, different than the motorcycle tires usually on the front of rods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPBMV9SNYc

different one here too, very nice fab work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4d0R6_dkw

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR.

The Diamond T is also channelled. The coupe is '33-'34 Ford... with an Anglia grille perhaps? [S

It just didnt look like a Ford, something odd with the back of the roof.

doesnt look like other chopped 33-34's

looks like extra metal behind the quarter window or something

did they make several diff body styles, ?

is this one a vicky or something?

looks like the used the roof from a sedan and shortened it.

Thats why I thought it was a Dodge

Last edited:
I love the Dodge, it is awesome.
cant afford it.

some drunk hillbilly welding together scrap parts.

Heck, even this guy knows of me !!! I told all you other guys, I was famous !!!:cool: I'm very well known across the pond also ! LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back