Hello from Plantersville, Texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattlesnake

Howdy ya'll. I've been lurking for a while reading all the great posts on this site and have to say I'm blown away by the cars and knowledge here. I just bought a running 1930 Model A tudor and will be bringing her home next Wednesday. Can't hardly wait! Any way, future plans call for chopping/channeling the body, building a new frame and running a 509 BBC w/glide and 9" rear. Tho it's not my first old ride, it is my first full build, so be prepared for a lot of dumb questions from a FNG! Thanks

Oh yeah, I promise to take pic's as I go along.

Hi Rattlesnake and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I have been keeping my eye out for a 1930 Model A coupe for a while now. That make me think, the '30 Fords are the best ever. I'm glad you thought of pictures, remember to take some of the 'before' car as well as some 'along the way' pics.

UPDATE!! [P

Well, to make a long story short...

I came across a complete running 29 coupe with 39 juice brakes, which is what I had originally been looking for, at too good a price to turn down. One thing led to another and now the sedan is gone and I have a coupe to build.[cl

The plans are 3-4" chop, hi-boy and of course the 509. Should get started in the next couple of weeks.[;)

Latest posts

Back