help!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
:confused::confused: ok i have channeled the cab 8 inches,, and i am using the stock pedals in the 48 FRAME,, THE CAB IS A 46,, ford,, i was starting to put my pans in and it dawned on me to check the pedal clearance, well there it was , how do i make the pans so that the pedals move correctly, thru the floor boards,, one note there wasnt anything left from the old pans to go by, from the 48 or the 46,, ,, anyone got some pics that might help me figure it out? thanks tex

No pics but if you make a template of your pedals (only shorter) out of cardboard, wood, or metal, you can place them where the real pedals will go on their mounting points. You can trim your templates to fit under your newly made pans and you will be able to see where the template contacts the floor pan, Trim the floor pan accordingly. Get the pedal to go through the floor and you can then trim the slot length to allow for travel.

No pics but if you make a template of your pedals (only shorter) out of cardboard, wood, or metal, you can place them where the real pedals will go on their mounting points. You can trim your templates to fit under your newly made pans and you will be able to see where the template contacts the floor pan, Trim the floor pan accordingly. Get the pedal to go through the floor and you can then trim the slot length to allow for travel.

so i need to shorten my pedals? the normal angle of the old floor pans is there, but now it is 2 or 3 inches from the pedals,, towards the motor ,i think there may be a difference in the location of the 48 pans and the 46,,

Last edited:
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you need Rev. I was offering an easy way to locate new hole/slots in your floor if you need them without guessing. In what I described aboove, you only use the shorter templates to locate where you would cut holes/slots for your pedals. The pedals themselves are not shortened.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you need Rev. I was offering an easy way to locate new hole/slots in your floor if you need them without guessing. In what I described aboove, you only use the shorter templates to locate where you would cut holes/slots for your pedals. The pedals themselves are not shortened.

thanks gas ,, as you can see the floor board , the angle part , is far from the pedals, i was hoping to have a flat fire wall,,if i do thAT then i would have long slots in the floorboards, if i make the pans work like the originalsthen the floorboards will be real short ,, not sure how its gong to work:confused: and i want it to be a daily driver so its got to be sealed up,, not sure how to do that with the long slots in the floorboards:eek:

Latest posts

Back