heres my issue channel or susp drop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52bombshell

alright heres the deal i have a 52 f100 good shape well its rat rod worthy lol its got 8 " windows from the chop. any way i would like to put this thing on the ground. now should i channel the body?? how hard is it to do such a thing?? i know how to do the bed and the cab but getting the front end to line up i have no idea there any advice would be good. or should i just get a mustang II front clip with drop spindles and stuff and drop leafs in the back and say to hell with the body drop? i also have a 80 camaro front subframe i was told you can use this as well but i wouldnt know lol. thank ahead of time

Well it all depends on how tall you are. Once you start channeling and with a good chop you start to run out of room inside. It's really not difficult to do but there are other altenatives. Such as Z-ing the frame in the front and back so the body is mounted lower. If you lower the front end a lot you'll run into issues like engine ground clearance which will require you to raise the motor mounts. As far as using a Mustang II or Camaro sub both good choices if you going to build a full fendered truck. Lots of parts available for both.

yea me and my girl will both be driving the truck and we are both around 5 10" and right now its got 8" windows so channelling would be prob a bad idea i thought if just taking the whole subframe out of the camaro and cutting my frame to where it needs to be cut and simply welding in the subframe to my frame altho i cant find any pics of this done ?? also that subframe would prob lower the car if not i could just get some springs im assuming as for the back do they make a lowering set of leaf springs?? oh and yes it is going to be a full fendered truck i will post pics soon

Back