Honey hole

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got in the best "junkyard" ever. And first off, no I didn't take a camera in but I promise I'll take pics as the stuff comes in.
It's about 160 miles away. First trip this week I'm bring home a 35 and a 36 Ford pickups. Both were projects and have no front sheet metal. Good cabs, fair boxes and rough back fenders. One has a MII and a 9 inch. I will get pics of those when I get home. Next on my list is a really nice original Mullins. Then there is 3 more 35-36 cabs with doors but he's kinda high on them, 2 model A pickup boxes I haven't priced yet, a pretty rough 41 short door coupe. After that, not sure. He has another 35 pickup that's a lot more complete, several 26-27 roadster pickups (some run). Several T truck cabs, 2 more 41 sedans, a 39 chev 2 door, a couple 48-49 F1s, 2-3 F4s, piles of fenders, hoods for pre war fords.
All this is just overflow for a old guy with his own personal museum.

The brother in law is looking for a '49 olds manual trans for his nail head powered deuce coupe.

Fantasyland wow! Will the owner let you take pix of the yard?

I'll see when I go back. It's all pretty organized and the grass all cut, not one of those junkyards from 50 years ago where everything is rotted into the ground. All this stuff has probably came in the last 10 years or so because he hasn't owned this land that long.

The brother in law is looking for a '49 olds manual trans for his nail head powered deuce coupe.
You sure it isn't a 50? I think that was the only year Olds didn't used that funky tranny with the front retainer build into the bell housing. At any rate, haven't ran across any for a few years. I did find a savable 50 Sedanette (fastback like a fleetline) but couldn't get it bought.

I'd love to have a Mullins to pull behind the Lincoln. Been looking at the fiberglass repops, may buy the body and build my own frame.

There was someone near me on CL this summer with an original Mullins in really nice shape except for the paint.
They were asking around $5000 as I recall.:eek:
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back