how to hook T5 trans to 455 olds motor?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixpack_2_go

hi, i have a fresh 1968 455ci oldsmobile motor and a T5 trans that i want to put in a 46 chevy truck. i was wondering if that trans will mate up to the motor, and what i need to do it? i have an olds 350 motor hooked to a saginaw 3 speed manual trans. can i use the bellhousing and flywheel from the 3 speed trans?
i have also heard that their is a difference between the crankshaft on manual or auto trans olds motors. any way to get around this? i dont want to run an auto, i would even be willing to run the saginaw 3 speed if i cant get the 5spd to work.

thanks

!the BOP bellhousing , olds flywheel & pressure plate, a clutch disc that matches your t5 shaft, i have heard that there are motor crank shafts that do not have a hole for the pilot shaft, if your does you should be good to go!
there are some years that the t5 bellhousing mounts are different than the saginaw,,
i have a t5 , it came out of a 89 s10 , the bell housing mounts match the saginaw,, so those are some things to check,, i am sure somewhere theres a chart on here,, i have seen it and it tells ya what are all the info on the t5 trans, also some of the trans t5's you have to modify the bearing retainer and the pilot shaft, but none are serious!! you can do it, if you dont feel like you can,, take it to a machine shop!

Latest posts

Back