Howdy- New guy from Mesa az

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrag

I was at a car show on 11/12 in central Mesa Az and ran across Earthman who turned me on to this site. I really enjoyed speaking with him and hearing about his projects. I am age 57. I retired at age 50 from the City of Mesa after working there for 31 years. I was a heavy equipment mechanic and for nine of those years a shift Supervisor. I started my interest in cars at age 5. Rebuilt my first engine at age 14 then it was no stopping me from there. Until recently we raced Super Comp dragsters and junior dragsters. I still crew for a semi pro dragster team now and then. Mostly I do what I want when I want to do it. I have a satin black old school flamed 55 Chevy 210 4 door that is BBC powered, My wife has a really nice C-5 torch red Corvette convertible. A few years ago I picked up a 1980 Ford Fairmont 4 door with low miles from the family of a 92 year old Sun city man who drove it right up to me buying it. The family insisted he sell it. My latest steady project is a 63 Rambler 550 wagon for my wife. It has an Econoline straight axle and will be 350 Chevy powered topped with a 6.71 satin blower and two carbs for that gasser look. The patina on it is great and will remain but will have the old school flames as well. I met my wife at the old Beeline dragway north of Mesa in the 70's. After 34 years we still share the same car interests. Our three adult sons do as well. My first drag car was a 67 SS Chevelle. I bought it 1985 from the original owner who raced it but never licensed it. It has the old school look including the cut wheel wells. I recently gave the car to my oldest son who is in the process of putting it back on the street. I really appreciate the opportunity to be part of this site. I also want to wish all Veterans a great day. Thanks for serving and protecting us.

Welcome to RRR! Gotta see pics of the Rambler project. But we're gonna wanna see pics of all of 'em! If you have pics from your days at the strip, there are a bunch that will drool over those too.

Welcome Bob! Now that was an excellent intro
402471-1.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the friendly welcome. Hey Earthman how's it going?.

I will work on getting some photos posted.

Everyone have a great week.

Latest posts

Back