Hydraulics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

I just bought 2 new hydraulic cylinders for my brake press, I need to do some machining and fab work to make them work but it will be a better system than air I think and cheaper than the factory replacements @ $500.00 each. I spent $200 for the pair.

Now I need to decide if I want to go air over hydraulic or straight hydraulic. If I go all hydraulic I will use some quick disconnects so I can run some other future tools I plan on building, kind of like a line shaft system but hydraulic.

Where can I find a small pump reservoir system cheap?

I have an air over hydraulic power supply for my tubing bender. it had enough power to jack the piston and shaft out of the rusty dump truck cylinder i salvaged.

so would a good electric over hydraulic unit but the air over hydraulic is really light to handle and has alot of power. it is foot operated it has a resevoir with a control pedal on top and they are lots cheaper than an electric-hydraulic. it looks like this one
893241361.jpg

harbor freight has a ton of different ones for reference.
Also you cant rebuild an electric motor with a couple o rings but the electric might be faster

Nothing faster than a pto type pump. Have a log splitter around? 5 horse engine with a log splitter pump? add a pto to the old truck and run some hydraulic lines and fittings?
run a power steering pump or hydraulic brake pump from a 2-5 ton truck off an old furnace fan motor using a pully

Latest posts

Back