installed new motor w/thumper cam ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

installed new motor,9 to 1 compression,thumper cam,runs awesome,but my edelbrock woul not adjust for cam,so installed holley pro form double pumper runs awesome now,but tranny stays in gear longer than before didnt do this with edelbrock,leave it in drive does not shift out of first until about 2800rpm and dont go into drive until about 60 mph,didnt do this with edelbrock shifted like a regular tranny,have 2200 stall in tranny and shift kit, cant remeber if vacum hose ran off manifold or carb, hooked up on carb right now,tranny does not slip,just stays in gear a little longer,could this be cause motor is built a little stronger and im feeling stall now,are could i have vacum off tranny hooked up wrong, what say you, before with old motor never felt stall reeally,

Hot or cold.
Is it the same?

I had a built tranny that when cold shifted at 3000rpm plus

but ounce it got good and warm it would shift at 2400rpm

Normally the vacuum hose from the trans modulator goes to the manifold so it senses manifold vacuum all the time. If you hook it to the carb, it will give a different signal depending on which port you hook it to - pull off the hose when running, if it is drawing at idle, it should be OK. If it doesn't draw at idle, this is the port you would hook to the vacuum advance on the distributor.

Edelbrock

Another thing to consider on the Edelbrocks is that they have two vacuum ports on the front of the Performer. Their carbs include both timed and full vacuum ports for ignition advance which may affect how your vacuum advance works on the distributor and also your vacuum modulator if the trans has one and is hooked up to the wrong port.

Venturi vacuum versus manifold vacuum makes a lot of difference.

installed new motor,9 to 1 compression,thumper cam,runs awesome,but my edelbrock woul not adjust for cam,so installed holley pro form double pumper runs awesome now,but tranny stays in gear longer than before didnt do this with edelbrock,leave it in drive does not shift out of first until about 2800rpm and dont go into drive until about 60 mph,didnt do this with edelbrock shifted like a regular tranny,have 2200 stall in tranny and shift kit, cant remeber if vacum hose ran off manifold or carb, hooked up on carb right now,tranny does not slip,just stays in gear a little longer,could this be cause motor is built a little stronger and im feeling stall now,are could i have vacum off tranny hooked up wrong, what say you, before with old motor never felt stall reeally,

the trans needs manifold vacuum, not ported

Latest posts

Back