International guy says hello from the dry side of Oregon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeyjohn

Hello everyone, Im pretty new to the thread, but not new to the idea of a rat rod. I have been collecting parts for my hot rod dream for several years now. I collect and restore internationals, I have more than my wife would care to count.
Many of them can be seen at
www.ttyr2.com/international
I think I am finally going to start my build around the first of the year. We are currently on financial lockdown, so it is a good winter to hunker down and only spend money on some welding supplies. Here is a list of what Im going to start with:
BODY
1947 International KB5 as a cab donor
1946 IH KB6 grille,
KB6 hood without side panels
KB6 hood with arched side panels
1920-something non-ford 5 ft pick-up bed
31 chev 1 ton frame- nice bones after I strip them do
Chassis:
31 chev 1-ton rails
1965 econoline straight axle
1972 maverick 8 inch with locker and 2.73 gears
SBC 307 (283 look alike)
powerglide or T-350 OR T-5 5 speed
Most of the odds and ends as well; heater, seat, guages, headlights, etc. Since the grille has been tucked in the loft of my garage, watching over all other projects, for the last 3 or 4 years, I started calling it "The Rodfather" Im not sure if the name is taken, but it fit the scene.

hopefully I can figure out how to post some pics to give an idea of what I'm starting with

Attachments

• KB5-2.jpg
    KB5-2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 23
  • KB5-4.jpg
    KB5-4.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 13
  • KB5-6.jpg
    KB5-6.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello everyone, Im pretty new to the thread, but not new to the idea of a rat rod. I have been collecting parts for my hot rod dream for several years now. I collect and restore internationals, I have more than my wife would care to count.
Many of them can be seen at
www.ttyr2.com/international
I think I am finally going to start my build around the first of the year. We are currently on financial lockdown, so it is a good winter to hunker down and only spend money on some welding supplies. Here is a list of what Im going to start with:
BODY
1947 International KB5 as a cab donor
1946 IH KB6 grille,
KB6 hood without side panels
KB6 hood with arched side panels
1920-something non-ford 5 ft pick-up bed
31 chev 1 ton frame- nice bones after I strip them do
Chassis:
31 chev 1-ton rails
1965 econoline straight axle
1972 maverick 8 inch with locker and 2.73 gears
SBC 307 (283 look alike)
powerglide or T-350 OR T-5 5 speed
Most of the odds and ends as well; heater, seat, guages, headlights, etc. Since the grille has been tucked in the loft of my garage, watching over all other projects, for the last 3 or 4 years, I started calling it "The Rodfather" Im not sure if the name is taken, but it fit the scene.

hopefully I can figure out how to post some pics to give an idea of what I'm starting with

Nice collection of parts. I know guys (me) that start projects without everything in mine and take forever to finish;)
Make sure you post a link to your build thread once you start. I wanna see this one through [cl

Heres mine:
50 L110 (i think) chopped 7 sectioned 3, split windsheild
68 c10 chassis zee'd
disk conversion
air bagged.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 15
plan

nice to see a plan ahead of time, most of us get a body or a frame and hope to find the rest as best we can.

ditto on the build thread, very interested to see the results of the final product.

Later :cool:

Welcome to site! Since you are a Binder guy I'll throw this out there - I'm looking for a pair of headlight bezels for a '56 S-120. Mine are pretty bad! :D

thanks for all the encouraging comments.
That is a L110- and it has had some geat tin work done to it. I like the start that you have. I may have a rather complete Pile-o-Parts, but you my fellow binder enthusiast- have a roller[dr For that, I am envious.

In response to the headlight bezels: A friend of mine has three S-120's. I will ask him if he has any that he would part with. Those are great trucks. Is yours a 4x4? That was the first mass produced model that IH offered in a 4x model.

It seems that the other vehicles that I look after must have heard me typing last night, cause two of the three commuters at our house, layed an egg this morning. I get to work on new crap while I dream of commuting in the RODFATHER.
Thanks again. Glad to see this site actually welcomes new members.

Blue Eyed Devil,
Have you ever gotten any parts form Barns International? He has a large collection of LRS and scouts. Check him out, he is a real cool guy and has gotten me out of a pinch or two.

I just had a custom Idea...not necessarily rat roddy but check this out....

take your front fenders... turn them backwards for rear fenders on a stepside box.... and french in some galaxie tail lights where the headlights used to be

Welcome form the wet side of Oregon

Glad you found the best site on the net for us slightly skewed gearheads. Big, low and bad.[ddd I can see your International rollin' down the highway now. Make it happen and keep us posted. Steve

Thanks all for the welcoming responses.

Torchman- I like your thinking. Those fenders could be really cool in that application. You could also split them to a consistent width and graft them onto a fleetside box to make one cool dually bed... HMMMMM.....[ddev

I have also been thinking of using the cowl hinged hood as a decklid /boattail for some sort of speedster. Im not going to use the hood for this build but maybe a future one. I already have a modified T or A frame that isnt quite heavy enough for the Rodfather.

Great- I havent turned the first wrench on the first RR and now Im planning the second one- I guess I have been bitten.

Latest posts

Back