MC and proportioning valve

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbow lungs

I have this MC and proportioning valve set up from Speedway.

My 28 is set up with discs all around.

The MC and valve state; These proportioning valves are similar to what GM used on many cars in the 70's. They are non-adjustable and may require an adjustable valve in the rear brakes (if needed). Block incorporates metering (for front brakes) and proportioning (for rear brakes) into one unit. For use with four-wheel disc brake systems

Here is a picture of it.

Has anyone used this set up? Looking for any info etc.

Thanks Lungs

Attachments

• 91031366_L_16d1921f.jpg
    91031366_L_16d1921f.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
Maybe one

We use an adjustable behind a proportioning valve in a jeep we converted to big disks all around. We had too dial down the pressure so the rear wouldn't lock up when you tapped the breaks.

Kurt

Was wondering if anyone has used one and if it worked?

Will I need to add an adjusting valve to the rear disc or will this set up just work like it is?

Should I not use it and just run some proportioning valves and a rear adjusting valve?

Thanks Lungs

Was wondering if anyone has used one and if it worked?

Will I need to add an adjusting valve to the rear disc or will this set up just work like it is?

Should I not use it and just run some proportioning valves and a rear adjusting valve?

Thanks Lungs

I've used them & they work fine but I still add a proportioning valve on the rears & residual valves. Also, you didn't mention if u're MC is on the firewall or under the floor!? I typically use 4-wheel discs!

BoB

I've used them & they work fine but I still add a proportioning valve on the rears & residual valves. Also, you didn't mention if u're MC is on the firewall or under the floor!? I typically use 4-wheel discs!

BoB

MC will be mounted under the floor to the frame.

Lungs

This is interesting 'cause I just bought a master/booster/pedal assembly that came with the same proportioning valve. I've done as Tripper sez before and used residual check valves (keeps the wheel cylinders from bleeding back to the master, making it leak) and have also used an adjustable proportioning valve on the rear brake line. Depending on the vehicle, the GM one may work fine or poorly. The key is to match the front and rear brakes, weight distribution, suspension and tires to the vehicle that GM valve was meant for..... tough to do in most rod builds, since we're always trying to create something different than what the OEM's gave us...

Quite true.........but I would think SPEEDWAY has sold allot of these knowing people are dong just that, builing something different. We'll see soon when it gets mounted.

Lungs

Latest posts

Back