motor cycle charging system on dwarf car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1966post

doe anyone think/know if the charging system off the 1989 1100cc honda will charge and run all my stuff in the dwarf car? l will have 4 taill ights, 2 full size head lights, turn signals, parking lights, radio, heater fan, the battery l'm using is a full size car drycell 650 cca and will be in the trunk..any thought will be greatly appreacted,,,,thanks,,,J

would the alt work if l run it off the chain between the driveshaft gear and the chain driven directionial box, l could put a gear pully on the alt and run it off the chain drive, does the alt have to run a certian way or does it matter

Last edited:
Good question. If the stator from a gl will work it shouldn't be a problem. With that said not much interchages from model to model in the Japanese bike world. My son is a motorcycle mechanic, I will talk to him and try to find out. Maybe in the mean time some one here knows the answer.

Why dont you just mount a normal car alt off the driveshaft. Would be cheaper than any motorcycle parts if the stock one is to small.

Try using an auto battery. Hook up a volt gauge and turn everything on with the motor running. If the volt gauges stays above 12.8 volts you should have no problems.I like to stay above 13 volts but 12.8 is fine.

Not likely that your bike motor charging system is going to keep up with that much current drain. Running the car battery will lengthen the amount of time before the battery goes flat. I'd consider using a bike battery to power the starting and ignition for the bike motor, headlights, turn signals, and a taillight. Then run a separate total-loss system with a deep-cycle battery for the other lights and accessories. In a pinch you would still have power/light to limp home if the big battery ran down.

I would get one of those real small alts that Gastrick just put on his car and figure a way to run it off the motor,Drive shaft,Rear end.

Latest posts

Back